Canadian?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Reaction score
Just wonering how many other Canadians have found this great site

Alberta here

20070328_182121_Canada.gif
I'm a citizen of Canada...Permenent Resident Alien of the great U.S.A....born in Alberta....small world!!!

lmeeko,

Thanks for the compliment and welcome aboard. We have several other Canadians who show up and their expertise has been greatly appreciated. We are several years behind you in the wine making arena, but we are doing our best to catch up.
BTW, I am a huge Dallas Stars fan. What hockey team is your favorite?

Haved lived in Vancouver, Calgary and am currently living close to Edmonton, but woul dhave to say Calgary Favorite team

Calgary's magic number is 5 or 6, so they should be in the playoffs. Then I will root with all I have for them against either the Preds or the Wings. We got Joe Neuwendyk from you guys for Jerome Ignila and went on to win the cup with him, so I am partial to Calgary. Actually, I like most of the Canadian teams.

As an aside, Glen Sather used to hang out with my parents when he was in the minors with the Oklahoma City Blazers in the 60's. My dad was the team eye doctor. I got to meet Bobby Orr, Gerry Cheevers, Bernie Parent and others as they came through the farm systems. Hockey is still my favorite pro sport. Wonder how well Lebron James could shoot hoops on a sheet of ice!

Canadian here! Was in Edmonton, originally from north eastern Alberta, but have done stints in Calgary, Ft McMurray, and Grande Prairie. Now I'm living in Vancouver. Can't say at all that I'm a fan of Flames. Of course growing up around the Edmonton area sure makes for a rivalry with Calgary :)

Very small world there George! Very cool that your parents used to hang out with Slats! My highschool girlfriend used to babysit for them. Very jealous that you got to meet Bobby Orr! He's my all-time favorite player.

I had forgot about calling him "Slats". He was single at the time and a real ladies man! My parents and he would hit the night clubs in town. I will never forget the night that he, Tom Watson and J.P. Parise came over for some steaks.

We also had a party and the team went through 5 cases of beer so fast that my dad had to make a beer run!
smiley36.gif
Of course I was only 11 at the time, but I sure learned some interesting vocabulary!
smiley9.gif

J.P. Parise's son is now in the NHL and doing rather well with the Devils. He looks a lot like his old man and plays like him as well. Jeep was great in the corners.

Edited by: geocorn

I dated a girl from Ottawa years ago. I rode my bike up thereandspent three wonderful weeks in that great country.Good times...

I am from Canada now with US citizenship. Originally from the Vancouver, BC area.

Am an avid hockey fan with season tickets to the Nashville Predators. We are going to whip them poor old Stars Saturday
smiley2.gif
One punch Tootoo will be back for that game. It was sold out the day after the last game against Dallas.

We will learn alot about the Stars over the next week as they travel to Detroit on Friday, Nashville on Saturday, then have Anaheim at home next Thursday. Its a tough schedule, so we will see how tough they really are.
It will also be interesting to see how the Preds and the Stars handle the Tootoo incident.

It is fun to have so many hockey fans on the forum. This should be a fun run to the cup!

30 miles south of the border. I don't visit often, but sometimes. South of Regina....

Doc,

Didn't know you were from Nashville. I'm in Memphis.

Having the #1 team in the NHL in Nashville is just wrong. It's like having the World Pork Rind Eating Championship in Vermont.

What happened to the Preds last night? Dallas 4, Nashville 2 at Nashville. Tootoo did not have one of his better nights. They could wind up together in the first round. Now, that should be some mighty good hockey.

That being said, anyone could win the West. Only 12 point difference between number 1 and 12. That is not much of a difference, at all.

Not Canadian, but I DO know the words to "Oh, Canada!" Learned them and sang them many times during Peace Park meetings (Waterton Lakes and Glacier -- the world's FIRST international peace park!) and during cross-border Rotary events!

Truly a wonderful country!

Hello new member here in the forum, I am from Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, which ifI remember correctly is in canada as well lol. Yes it is Friday April 13 (yes Friday the 13th) and it is storming outside with about 15 inches of snow, so yes it is Canada !!
smiley8.gif
Trout season opens Sunday the 15th and it always is miserable on that day too , even though they are calling ofor a beautiful balmy minus 5 and sunny!!oh well Everyone knows ill be out in it anyway!!

Wont be as big as those Pike u fish out of your cabin Northern , but i did mount a 5.6 lb speckled lat year. usually 10- 14 inch speckles fresh in, taste fine with flour n oil, yummmmyyy!! Thanks for the wishes!!

Red Wing fans here!!! My seven year old plays, and his coach is a scout for the Pittsburg Penguins so we do pull for Sidney Crosby!! What a talent. I will try to post a picture of him in action!!

Go Wings!!!

Francie

PeterZ said:
Doc,

Didn't know you were from Nashville. I'm in Memphis.

Having the #1 team in the NHL in Nashville is just wrong. It's like having the World Pork Rind Eating Championship in Vermont.

Hey Peter, sorry for delay in replying. Somehow the forum stopped recognizing my password and I went through withdrawls.

Actually I'm in Paducah, KY and make the 1.5 hour trip to Nashville for each game. As a die-hard hockey fan it is just great to have a team in Nashville. A far greater atmosphere than in St. Louis.Edited by: docbee

Latest posts

Back