Can I still bottle tomorrow????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cove Cottage

Reaction score
Well here I am all ready to bottle tomorrow and I clouded my Chardonnay when racking to the clean carboy.
smiley7.gif
smiley19.gif

I really..really... want to bottle tomorrow.Willit settle enoughovernight to bottle tomorrow? If there is a small amount of sediment in the wine will itbe OK?

I just can't believe I did this ... what a klutz!

Margaret

If it is a 6 gallon batch, I doubt seriously it will clear back up lke it was by tomorrow. It might possibly clear enough that you could rack off maybe the top half and bottle it then rack e remainder to a 3 gallon carboy and let it go ahead and clear bfore bottling Edited by: Waldo

I wouldnt and dought it would clear up by tomorrow. You would be sorry you did later. This is why you should rack off sediment then let it age a little without any sediment or have a gravity filter.

Yep, wisdom from those two posters above! Wait 1 week, then bottle. Of course you can take "tasters" until then ;)

Cove,
Probably will not clear overnight. If you could wait 7 more days, you will thank yourself as the wine will be clear.
smiley4.gif

Thanks for the help. I will listen to the wise ones and bottle my wine next week.Next time I'll plan better. Margaret

Latest posts

Back