California Dreaming n Drinking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderhill

Reaction score
Wednesday, May 12th, the wife and I are going to visit friends in the Sacramento CA area, actually, Elk Grove. The plan is to visit as many of the wineries in the Shenodoah Valley as possible.
We did the same trip two years ago and sent back some great wine. (in PA, the vineyards cannot sell direct, they must go thru the state stores.)
This year I would like to buy some juice and ship it home. Anyone have experience doing this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thunderhill

Can be pricy to ship. Where in PA are you from? There are places in NJ, PA area that sell CA, Italian and Chilean wine juices.

Ca Dreamimg n Drinking

Tom,

I live in Chester County PA, near Morgantown. (13 miles west of Valley Forge)

I have seen the advertisements about buying juice from local distributors, but I thought it might be fun to buy it while on site. During my last visit to the CA wineries, one of the Wine Makers said: I can't ship it to you in PA, but you can ship it to you. i intend to repeat that this trip, but thought that shipping juice back might be less than buying it from a local retailer.

To date I have purchased 8 (WE) kits. Each had an average cost of $145.00. I am hoping to buy in CA for about $50 to $75 a batch, save a few bucks and have the opportunity to make the same type of wine that I purchase.

I will let you know how I make out.

Thunderhill

Chilean juices are coming in next week. Calif. juices come in after Labor Day. Others around here may post a few suggestions for you to buy from a produce house etc.

Tom,

I live in Chester County PA, near Morgantown. (13 miles west of Valley Forge)

I have seen the advertisements about buying juice from local distributors, but I thought it might be fun to buy it while on site. During my last visit to the CA wineries, one of the Wine Makers said: I can't ship it to you in PA, but you can ship it to you. i intend to repeat that this trip, but thought that shipping juice back might be less than buying it from a local retailer.

To date I have purchased 8 (WE) kits. Each had an average cost of $145.00. I am hoping to buy in CA for about $50 to $75 a batch, save a few bucks and have the opportunity to make the same type of wine that I purchase.

I will let you know how I make out.

Thunderhill
There is a HB store in Montgomeryville PA that sells juice as well as in S Philly and Hammonton NJ

PA does not allow alcohol to be shipped to you from another state. The juice can be shipped.

Latest posts

Back