Other Cagnina di Romagna

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deboard

Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagnina_di_Romagna

This is my wife's favorite wine, it's a sweet red. To me it tastes like a soft red wine that happens to be sweet, not my favorite, but she loves it.

I looked at the island mist series, but this wine doesn't really have a fruity taste to it, and most of this series is fruit + wine it looks like.

Anyone know of a kit that is just a sweet red, no blackberry/raspberry/chocolate/etc?

I guess I could just sweeten a regular kit, but that would really feel wrong, ruining a good kit like that.

I'm not aware of any "plain" sweet red kits. Certainly all kits can be sweetened. You can sweeten by the batch, by the gallon, by the bottle, or even by the glass. This last one may be your preferred solution.

Steve

I never tried to do what you suggest but it sounds like you have some challenges. If you've never made a kit, you should know they don't always come out exactly as described. So, making a kit to be somewhat different than described when it may not be that way to begin with seems very difficult. That being the case, adjusting the wine by the bottle or glass after it's finished seems to me to be the way to go.

In the way of kits, I'd have a look at the three RJ Spagnols Bergamais kits.

Tony P.

I'm not aware of any "plain" sweet red kits. Certainly all kits can be sweetened. You can sweeten by the batch, by the gallon, by the bottle, or even by the glass. This last one may be your preferred solution.

Steve

That might be a good idea to try, I could just make some simple syrup and tell her to keep adding until she likes it. She does seem to like to have "her" wine though, so we'll see how that works out.

@TonyP I didn't start making kits like a lot of folks do, but I've got three under my belt now, so far so good. I generally stick to the ones I see people raving about on here. I was used to all the measurements, patience, etc, so kits seem absurdly easy to me with the plainly laid out instructions and packets. I like that simplicity, and the wine they make is excellent (So far).

Back