Chaptalization

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A thread title, and a thread original post content can be different. The post content can allow more latitude.

Ergo, I replied to a subset in the original comment about how some wine making issues are "illegal". So the topic thread was about chaptalization, but the topic comment section was potentially far broader. And I took that view that generic legal issues in general were fair game to help explain the issue, and help explain other issues like why things are different for... example... Champaign. So your post was simply an extension of that legal complexity I was trying to describe.

But... and otherwise... I will leave it only to the OP to correct me for any transgression off topic. And if so corrected, will give a proper mea culpa. But only if and when to the OP. Others should not correct others off handly based on self opinion (but may justifiably get gleeful, proper, enormous, self satisfaction and many personal ego points if the OP corrects me -- if so well done). :cool:
Good luck with that, the amount of threads I derail around here.. 😂 I'm not one to judge anyone on where they steer the flow of conversation.

Brilliant reply.

Wish I had your calm sense humor. :cool:
The thing I really like about this forum is where the conversation goes. I often learn things I wasn't even considering, just 'cause the conversation wondered off a little, or someone chimed in with a different perspective.

It's great that no one is regulating the natural flow. We always get the OP answered, and sometimes even get back on topic. 😄

But... and otherwise... I will leave it only to the OP to correct me for any transgression off topic. And if so corrected, will give a proper mea culpa. But only if and when to the OP. Others should not correct others off handly based on self opinion (but may justifiably get gleeful, proper, enormous, self satisfaction and many personal ego points if the OP corrects me -- if so well done). :cool:
I don't think any OP ever thought, "I hope we don't go off topic!"
Very often the tangents are just as interesting (or more so) as the original topic so I say, who cares.
But then...I thought we're supposed to stray!😅

Latest posts

Back