Buon vino mini jet .

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott G.

Junior
Reaction score
Looking at getting one to filter my wine . Is it worth it or do you guys who have been doing this for a long time recomend something else. Need some advice . Thanks

I use an All-In-One vacuum pump with a filter attachment. I use the All-In-One for many things in the winery (racking, bottling, etc.)

The customer service is legendary, and the product is a workhorse.

I have the mini jet and use it an all wines that go into a contest. For home use, I don’t bother filtering ,,, racking is good enough. I mainly use #3 pads since racking gets most out. It is nice to be able to go to the local shop and get pads

Tweeks, I have an extra U channel and C clamp to apply extra squeeze to the pads to prevent leaks.
A #3 is not tight enough to clean pectin out and early references noted that this was not sterile filtering but I have seen the “sterile” description on recent ads.
It works well for pumping wine and simple filtering. Usually a day is 15 to 20 gallons.

I also have a KLR cartridge filter, the small pore is not as good at filtering as the minijet and seems to plug more readily. In the club there are a few with sterile cartridge filters, the main comment is sterile cartridges are about $120. ,,, Household water filters aren’t that expensive.

Again ,,, I like the minijet but most of the time I don’t bother to filter.

I have the mini jet and use it an all wines that go into a contest. For home use, I don’t bother filtering ,,, racking is good enough. I mainly use #3 pads since racking gets most out. It is nice to be able to go to the local shop and get pads

Tweeks, I have an extra U channel and C clamp to apply extra squeeze to the pads to prevent leaks.
A #3 is not tight enough to clean pectin out and early references noted that this was not sterile filtering but I have seen the “sterile” description on recent ads.
It works well for pumping wine and simple filtering. Usually a day is 15 to 20 gallons.

I also have a KLR cartridge filter, the small pore is not as good at filtering as the minijet and seems to plug more readily. In the club there are a few with sterile cartridge filters, the main comment is sterile cartridges are about $120. ,,, Household water filters aren’t that expensive.

Again ,,, I like the minijet but most of the time I don’t bother to filter.
Good to know, thank you for your help.

Looking at getting one to filter my wine . Is it worth it or do you guys who have been doing this for a long time recomend something else. Need some advice . Thanks

Filtering your wine is a personal preference, I will tend to filter more often now than when I first started. I take alot more pride when I give a bottle away to a friend.
Using the in house cartridge filter makes it painless to filter as you are literally racking as you are filtering, It typically takes about an additional 2 minutes compared to a normal vacuum transfer ( say 5 minutes for 5 gal)

Filtering your wine is a personal preference, I will tend to filter more often now than when I first started. I take alot more pride when I give a bottle away to a friend.
Using the in house cartridge filter makes it painless to filter as you are literally racking as you are filtering, It typically takes about an additional 2 minutes compared to a normal vacuum transfer ( say 5 minutes for 5 gal)
Thanks for your help.

Back