Buno Vino Auto Bottle Grav Filler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joan,

The set screw was easily turned with my fingers.Like DFW said tightening it(turn to the right) makes it shut off later. but to adjust the height of the fill slide the rubber sleeve up or down on the spout. when you put in the bottle make sure you handle it by the collar of the sleeve and not the body of the filler.that will cause it to slide out of adjustment. it needs to get a good seal in the mouth of the bottle for the shutoff to work properly.When you push down of the "fill button"hold on to the body of the filler with yourfingers and push down the "button" with your thumbs.

If you need more help i'll try to post some pics for you when Mrs Chevy gets home from work and can assist me. :)Edited by: chevyguy65

I agree with what Chevy says. It is important not to push down on the filler in such a manner as to apply force where the sleeve meets the bottle. Otherwise, the sleeve will move up the spout and the bottle will fill at a lower level than you intend. Thus, like Chevy, I start the filler by holding underneath the top of the filler with my fingers and gently pushing the tup side of the filler, i.e. squeeze the top of the filler to start the flow. That way no pressure is applied to the sleeve on the spout. Also, sometimes, I reclick the filler again to eliminate airspace after the filler shuts off to make sure it fills to the full amount desired. Thus, I may have two shut offs on a bottle before it is filled to the desired level.

I get it now, gentlemen!!! Thank you for the explanation!!!

Now if I had invented the gizmo, I would add a rubber "O" ring that sits above the sleeve. You could adjust the sleeve to slide up to exactly where you want it by rolling the "O" ring to the proper spot. Sine the "O" ring would have to go on before the sleeve was put on, I did fixed it my way. I found a very wide but small in diameter rubber band and was able to make three turns in it and still get it above the sleeve. It is movable but stays put and the sleeve will only slide up to it up. The Sleeve still has a tight fit in the bottle so I'm good to go!!

Again, that's for explaining it so I could make it work better for me! Maybe it will work for you too.

Way to use your head girl and if you do ever want to get an O ring for it you could go to a lawnmower repair shop or automotive supply like Napa.

I have some O rings of various sizes but I don't think I can get one over the wide end of the sleeve.
smiley6.gif

Latest posts

Back