Cellar Craft Bulk aging a sweet wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brushwood24

Reaction score
I am making a Cellar Craft Washington Reserve Gewurztraminer and it's the first non-dry wine I've made. If I bulk age it for 3-6 months should I add the k-meta, sorbate and "flavour reserve" now or wait until close to bottling and just add the k-meta for now?

I would add all right now and let the wine have time to mix with the flavor reserve.

BOB

You are making a great semi dry wine. Follow the instructions based off of your Hydrometer, then go ahead and let it sit for your 3-6 months in the carboy. I add kmeta every three months and at bottling. Let it sit in the bottle three months also. Great wine!

Just started this CC Gerwz and was a little concerned with the SG only being 1.082 and also noticed the must was really dark but has lighten up since racking over to the secondaryon day 7. Question is, after rackingfrom primary the sediment is really heavy, over an inch. Should Istillwaittill day 20 to rack and stabilize? Also, would you say this Gerwzwas moretoward semi-sweet than off dry?

Latest posts

Back