Bueno Vino minijet filters...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springmom

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are they made of? Looks like cellulose but I am asking because today's filtering of a Pinot noir seems to have deposited some "hairs" from the filtration material into the wine. My winemaker supply guy closed about two minutes after I saw if so no joy asking there. Anybody know for sure?

Thx.

bruno filters

use my pump on a regular bases never had a filter problem could be they were not installed correctly or when you in stalled them they were off set a little and the holding screw threads shredded them??who no's? :rdo

I don't know what the material is either. But a couple of thoughts - I always soak my filters in water with some citric acid before using. I don't like the "paper" taste of the filters and am trying to remove that. Also, make sure your filters are facing the right way. There is a specific direction for the wine to flow through them. One side is more rough than the other. Make sure to follow the directions.

Yes, you should always soak your filters in water before installing them.

Anyone else laugh at the packages because the French word for filters is "tampons?"

Latest posts

Back