budget friendly ph meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumlinridgewinery

Reaction score
looking to get a ph and TA meter to add to the cellar. Does anyone have a suggestion? Looking to stay under $200. The Vinmetrica SC-200 pH/TA Analyzer Kit is the one I like.

Thanks
Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered mw 102 will be better than my ph strips which sometimes can't match colors lol. Hopefully it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Or the MW101. It's $20-$30 cheaper; you just give up automatic temperature compensation, which is not a big deal.

I respectfully disagree. When I buy my Chilean juice pails they are about 50° and it does make a difference. I just had this same conversation with a group of winemakers this morning about refractometers and ph meters and how it can make a difference. If you juice is mostly 65° - 75° hen you'll be fine without it as Sour_Grapes mentioned.

Ill say thirds on the MW102! :db. I am very much enjoying mine and I got it for $98. If you decide this is the one you want, I'll send you the link on where I bought mine.

Oh man got man for 109 with oh testing solution and free shipping. Lol

Ill say thirds on the MW102! :db. I am very much enjoying mine and I got it for $98. If you decide this is the one you want, I'll send you the link on where I bought mine.

Yes Julie please send the link. Thanks all for the info.

I have the MW101 and love it, not with automatic calibration and not with automatic temperature compensation but easy to adjust in a few seconds, got mine for $62 delivered. MW102 is also a great buy at $89.99, both at www.water-testers.com, about the best prices I have seen on these. I also suggest getting extra storage solution and calibrating solution at the same time to keep on hand. This has been the best tool I have purchased (so far) for wine making...period.

-Tony

I have the MW101 and love it, not with automatic calibration and not with automatic temperature compensation but easy to adjust in a few seconds, got mine for $62 delivered. MW102 is also a great buy at $89.99, both at www.water-testers.com, about the best prices I have seen on these. I also suggest getting extra storage solution and calibrating solution at the same time to keep on hand. This has been the best tool I have purchased (so far) for wine making...period.

-Tony

Thank u for sharing this info!!! Just bought mine tonight!!!! Happy girl right here!!!!

Just got my mw102. Will try it out Friday

Latest posts

Back