Broken

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, I want to thank each of you for your prayers. He is out and doing well, for the time being. He has bad lungs and has been on oxygen for over 3 years. Every day is a blesssing.
Actually he did give me the keys, but I chose to drive my car. Over the years, he has given me a lot, but the most important thing is my values. He was a doctor with excellent patient relationships. They thought the world of him. If you wonder where I got the desire for taking care of my customers, now you know!

Why would I want to mess with an excellent bottle of scotch? Single malts were my choice of beverage before I got into wine. I still really enjoy a 18 year old McCallum.

Well, george, it's time to make some malted barley wine, ferment to dryness, process with one of those "essence extraction" devices, and age in oak. I've thought about making myself some Calvados that way. Six gallons of apple wine at 12.5% abv yields 1 gal "brandy" at 75% abv. Store in a 3 gal carboy with a lot of heavy toast oak for a couple of years, then dilute back to 40% abv. Voila!!

George,

I hope all good with your Father. My dad is 79 and will be 80 in Aug and of course with age he is not doing well. Its most important to listen to all that is the age older then us for wisdom and guidnace. They really have it figured out, Todays generation has lost. Never the less our prayers are with you today. God bless and talk with you soon.

Prayers answered for your Dad !!! You hit the nail on the head again George.."Each day is a blessing". How much better our lives and relationships with not only family but all we come in contact with would be if we could see each day as a blessing and thank God accordingly. Personally I start every day withnot, "good god, it's morning !! but with a hearty, "GOOD MORNING GOD"

Latest posts

Back