Brewing in Milwaukee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liteweight

Junior
Reaction score
So I've been perusing this site for a couple of months now and because of that I built up the courage to try Strawberry wine from scratch! It's in the second rack and looking beautiful! I used a morph of the recipes I found on this forum and others. Just hope I don't screw it up by messing with it too much.

My first wine was a 3 gl Elderberry from a Vintners Reserve can. Wow, did that come out good! Then I tried a Green Apple Riesling kit for Summer drinking. Ok, the real reason was that I thought my husband wouldn't like it so that maybe I would actually get some! It came out nice, a little light, but great for a hot day.

I just bottled a cheapy Cabernet from Amazon for the practice and for an alternative to 2 buck chuck. Now I have a pricier kit working that I hope will pick up better during fermenting since I moved it from the basement. Got a little cold down there this weekend and fell to 60 so I hope the yeast will recover. It's starting to sound fizzy anyway.

Thanks for all of the helpful advice. I know my batches so far have been much better because of all of your knowledge.

Welcome to the forum and never be afraid to experiment and ask questions

Latest posts

Back