Boydd

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boyd

Reaction score
Well, I am 70 years old. Live about 4 miles north of Mankato, Minnesota. (gods country)
went thru 9th gradw.

Retired cop, Retired jailer,and retired Military. Finally retired at age 67 before some 20 year old kicked my butt.

Enlisted in Air Force at age 17. Last worked on B-47, Crew cheif. Also checked out on T-33, F-80, F86F, and F100C and F models. Also did 6 years Af reserves. C-119.

Switched to Army reserves. Made E7 before forced retirement at age 53.

Been making wines for about 3 years mostly out of wide fruits although I have tried some frozen Blueberry and a gallon of orange juice.

Do some welding rebuilding and building truck boxes in the summer.

Also do a bit of photography.
20090120_184926_Minneopa_04-01-.jpg

Welcome aboard Boydd. Nice intro. Several folks from up your way are on this forum. Lots of knowledgeable people to come to your aid in troubled times. Enjoy!

Welcome Boydd, glad yo joined us here. Very nice picture, I can see myself sitting next to those falls sipping on a tall glass.

Thanks for the nice intro Boydd. Glad to have you with us now. Were you ever stationed with the 380th in Plattsburgh while flying with the B-47?
It was quite a large base at one time and it's history dates back to the Revolutionary War time. It is a few miles from home for me.

For anybody interested here is a site with a bit of history. Takes a while to read.
http://www.strategic-air-command.com/bases/Plattsburgh_AFB.htm

Welcome Sir,
It is an honor to have you aboad. We all learn a thing or two from each other and try to learn from<STRIKE>Wade's</STRIKE> each othersmistakes. Hope you stick around.

JWMINNESOTA

My bigboss (wife) is from Lesueur. Do you know any Nagels up that way?

Never flew a B-47. Fixed them at Lincoln AFD in Nebraska

Boydd, a BIG thank you for your service time for all of us!! Welcome to the Forum and enjoy everyone!!
smiley4.gif

Welcome aboard. Very nice pic. Look forward to reading your posts. You have a lot of great winemakers up there in your neck of the woods.

Welcom Boydd,

Beautiful country up there as we have seen from our other friends from Mn. Welcome to the Forum.

Ramona

Welcome Boyd,
Good to have yet another Minnesotan on board! Tell me, is the seventh decade the best so far? Seems so to me
smiley1.gif

Nope, had lots of good times all my life. Looking forward to 30 more years of good times.

Who knowes,maybe I'll even learn to drink more wine rather than giving it away.

aybe I'll even learn to spell!!
smiley4.gif

Boydd said:
JWMINNESOTA

My bigboss (wife) is from Lesueur. Do you know any Nagels up that way?

I have heard the name, cant say I know any personally. We moved up here in the winter of 2000, still a few people in this metropolis we dont know.
smiley36.gif

Welcome Boydd , I am from Henderson area just a bit further up the road.

I don't know the Nagle brospersonally be I know who they are. In these small towns you know everyone somehow.

There are the pattersons that are related also.

From Henderson.

Back