Bottling with All in One Wine pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derunner

Reaction score
I have to say, the All in One Wine Pump makes bottling a breeze. I just bottle 2 batches. Every bottle comes out the same height.

I do wonder how many batches you can do in a row? the pump runs for a about 10-15 mins for a batch. I only had bottles set up to do do 2 carboys, but I have 4 more to do. Any need for a break between batches, or can I just go to town on them if I get all my botles sanitized at once?

Thanks

I bottle no more than 10 gal in one fell swoop before giving it a 20 min cool down. But I found if I bottle 5-6 gallons then cork them I can come right back and run the next batch.
I am sure Steve will give the right answer. I cannot recall if it has a thermostat switch to kick it off if it gets too hot or not.

Awesome setup isn't it?

Tested the limit today. Have to say bottling was a breeze for 8 6 gallon batches in row till to pump turned it self off. It turned back on after about 30 min cool down, but we were just about finished by then anyway. Looking forward to future bottling with the all in one.

I was just looking around and saw this thread -

Yes the pump motor is thermal protected - it will shut off at 140 F - it typically takes approx less than 10 minutes to cool off per say. The bottling is defintley what puts more heat to the motor than plain racking does. As chitownwine mentioned that is about right for bottling - give or take. The one thing if you were going to do, for alot of bottling per say, is place a small desk fan on the side to blow additional air onto the side of the Allinone. I just want to make a note: chitownwine bottled approx 240 bottles at 1 time !!!
I hope you had some help corking and labeling as well!

Just wanted to add that the more times you get the pump hot enough that it shuts itself off, the quicker it will eventually die on you. Heat is a killer for such equipment.

It might be overkill, but I'd give it a 5 minute rest between 6 gallon batches.

I've only had mine shut down once. I'm with Robie on this one. I want the pump to last, so I don't let it get too hot before giving it (and me) a break.

Me too. It took about 6 bottles to get the hang of it and then it's just slick as "H" "E" "double hockey sticks" :b

Seriously, worth every penny. I love that I can fully degas, transfer and bottle with this bad boy. Buy it today! Price increases tomorrow! I'm so glad that I got mine when I did. Best piece of equipment in my lab!

Latest posts

Back