Bottling Wines & Making Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I bottled a Muscadine, Port and a Muscadine/Black Currant blend yesterday evening and rolled out of bed at 1:10am this morning and got them all cleaned up and ready to label.
Started printing my Port labels and my printer was out of magenta toner so I had to scratch that design and make another one that was less color intensive. Here is what I came up with for my Port
port.jpg

I kinda liked it so I just changed it up a bit and used the same design for my Muscadine/Black Currant blend.
blend.jpg

I had already printed the labels for my Muscadine a couple of weeks agoso I stuck with it. I kinda like the design though for the other two and may just use it for all my wines in the future.
And the wines are now all labeled and ready for at least 2-3 weeks of aging
smiley36.gif

winesbottled12007.jpg

They all look wonderful Waldo! Really couldn't tell you which one would be my first choice, because they look really good! Thanks for sharing.
smiley20.gif

2 to 3 weeks of aging? You are a man with patience!
smiley4.gif
They all look grape I mean great buddy!

Thanks all and thanks to Joan I have a new look for my labels for the future. Kitty is now more "relaxed" if you will.
portcopy.jpg

Northern Winos said:
This is a 'relaxed cat'

catre.jpg

Not at Waldo's house.

These are Waldo's relaxed cats:

20070121_101925_drunkcat2.jpg

20070121_102037_drunkcat6.jpg
20070121_102524_drunk_cat4.jpg

20070121_102129_drunkcat5.jpg

20070121_102647_wasted_cat.jpg

I heard Life is good at Waldo's..................
smiley36.gif

No wonder Waldo had a hard time keeping away from smoking with all those cats hanging around with one lit up. They look like beer drinkers. Must be Waldo gives so much away they can't find any good stuff to drink.

Those are some great looking bottles you just did. Keep them away from the cats now!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: appleman

Looking sharp Waldo,
I spent a few hours yesterday working on my labels. I would like to post a couple of different ideas to see what y'all think.

DonEdited by: ScubaDon

Now I know where all of my wine has been disappearing to..Jobe has been sneaking over, getting my guard cats drunk with beer and then filching my wines
smiley36.gif

CATS??????

CATS?????????

Those were CATS????????????

Thats not what I paid that man with the big hat and fur coat for!

Just kidding...........
smiley36.gif

Nice job Waldo. And the cats do look a little more relaxed with the paws down. If production keeps up over here I was thinking of a nice "generic" label myself where I can change the particulars and maybe the main graphic.

Very, Very, Very nice - I have been waiting 2 weeks for the ink for my printer, they tell me it is coming this week - I like the idea of keeping the main theme, but with a little different picture for the different types of wine. I should be doing a bottling in about 10 days, so I want to use my custom labels this time.

Back