Mosti Mondiale Bottling Day For MM All Juice Amarone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, what can I say about this wine that hasn't already been said before? Its all true. Only 7 months old so still a baby but the left over glass that had been open to the air while I cleaned up afterwords was spectacular!

Dare I to say I could have served it to friends and family and been very proud of my creation. Its big, its bold, slight hints of raisin its just an amazing wine thats so unique. Worth everything that anyone has said before.

I used my new favorite toy in the winery, the Buon Vino Automatic Gravity Filler which made bottling a breeze. I filtered with my Vin Brite gravity filter.

I had some great bottles for this guy, some of them weighed in at a massive 2.5lbs empty! Others were 1.5lbs empty. So when you pick up a bottle you can't help but say wow!

The tops on quite a few are so large that a regular shrink cap would not fit so I had to order some large shrink caps from George for them.

This will be hard to wait on as it truly was excellent!
smiley32.gif

Now I finally get to start on that CC Limited Edition Cab/Shiraz kit I have had sitting patiently for an open carboy to materialize!

20100312_083839_DSC02499.jpg

20100312_083854_DSC02505.jpg

20100312_083910_DSC02502.jpg

Mike, All I can say is " VERY NICE "

My MM Renaissance Amarone isn't even done fermenting and you already have me wanting to drink it
smiley36.gif

BOB

Good looking bottles & labels. I bottled my CC Showcase Amarone a couple of weeks ago and the leftover glass was terrific. Gotta enjoy a bottle of my MMR Amarone very soon!

Awesome!!!! I too am about to bottle the alljuice amarone and agree with your taste findings interestingly enough i played a little which i often do and i added some tancor grand cru tannin and kept some without the addition and i must say at least to my taste perception the difference is more than noticable, night and day difference in mouth feel right off the bat and the fruit definatley more foward. Validated my decision to add it to the other wines that i have made and each and every one has improved more than i thought it would but i will say it has to be used with discretion as it's real easy to over do it as i found out with some control samples. It seems you cannot go wrong with about a 1/2 teaspoon but for my taste i would not go more than 3/4 tsp. Just my thought i would share the experience.

Looks great, Mike

Hey Seagrape - At what point in the process do you add the Tannin and did you add 1/2 tsp per 6 gallons?

Pete

pracz said:
Looks great, Mike

Hey Seagrape - At what point in the process do you add the Tannin and did you add 1/2 tsp per 6 gallons?

Pete

you need to add it about 6 to 8 weeks minimum before bottling but i just add it after i rack off of most of the lees, and yes about 1/2 to 3/4 to six gallons but i strongly recommend going light as you can always add it but if you over tannin as it will take quite some time for that to mellow out. Also there is a write up on this that george did in the march issue? of his news letter where he did bench trials.

What a great looking batch, ibglowin! Do you always use the Vinbrite when you filter your wine? How does it work for you/how do you like this type of filter?

Yep,

I filter everything. Whites take much less time to filter than the reds. Works just as advertised. Very pleased with the results. They all sparkle when bottled.

batavia said:
Do you always use the Vinbrite when you filter your wine?  How does it work for you/how do you like this type of filter?

Very nice, Mike! I bottled mine about 2 months ago and I, too, was pleased with the results. It is one year old now but still very "green." I plan to try a bottle in six months. Your labels, as usual, are great.
smiley32.gif

Thanks guys, man this guy was sooooo good at only 7months old I can't imagine what its going to taste like at 12mo, 18mo, 24mo.........
smiley20.gif

Given that commercial Amarones (and Barolos) are aged four years before release...

I would expect it to be shutdown at 2 years as well or lacking in complexity and be very fruit forward.. I'vehad ten year old that was shutdown tight, even after an eight hour decant.

I say go spend the money and know first hand what it truly can be.
Paul

Latest posts

Back