Bottle shock leaving Netflix

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Daylo

Reaction score
Just a little notice. Just saw that the wine movie bottle shock will be deleted from Netflix around Feb 2nd they are saying. I will be watching it tonight and so should you before the take it away from us!

I just watched it on Amazon last week. Then I watched another interesting one, Mondovino(a 10-part series), also on Amazon

Thats putting it mildly to say the least! LOL

From the Bottle Shock Wiki page:

Controversy[edit]
Steven Spurrier himself has questioned the accuracy of the script while he was involved in another movie project depicting the events of the Judgment of Paris, stating: "There is hardly a word that is true in the script and many, many pure inventions as far as I am concerned. It's deeply insulting".[2]

While the film depicts Gustavo Brambila as being at Chateau Montelena throughout the events leading up to the Judgment of Paris, his 22-year term at Montelena actually began just after the tasting.[3] While at Chateau Montelena, Brambila worked closely with Mike Grgich – who, although not depicted in the film, was the winemaker behind the 1973 Montelena Chardonnay that won in Paris.[4]

The book is even better and much more factual.

Thats putting it mildly to say the least! LOL

From the Bottle Shock Wiki page:

Controversy[edit]
Steven Spurrier himself has questioned the accuracy of the script while he was involved in another movie project depicting the events of the Judgment of Paris, stating: "There is hardly a word that is true in the script and many, many pure inventions as far as I am concerned. It's deeply insulting".[2]

While the film depicts Gustavo Brambila as being at Chateau Montelena throughout the events leading up to the Judgment of Paris, his 22-year term at Montelena actually began just after the tasting.[3] While at Chateau Montelena, Brambila worked closely with Mike Grgich – who, although not depicted in the film, was the winemaker behind the 1973 Montelena Chardonnay that won in Paris.[4]

Star Wars never really happened either.

Its a movie, cant we just enjoy it for that...

to quote lord Vader.......

images

Back