bottle cleaning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrussell

Reaction score
I need to bottle 2 kits tomorrow so would like to wash my bottles out today and then sanitize them tomorrow just before bottling. I usually wash and sanitize the same day just before bottling. Does anyone else wash theirs a day ahead or see a problem with it? thanks, Ron.

I have often washed two or three days ahead of sanitizing and bottling with no consequences.
smiley1.gif

I try to keep at least 60 bottles washed and ready to go ahead of time. Once I have them cleaned and sanitized I just keep them on bottles trees until ready to be used. About an hour before bottling I give them one more sanitizing as the bottles could have been hanging for several months depending on the color. I have 4 bottle trees so I am able to do this.

I wash bottles whenever and store them upside down in wine boxes. On bottling day I sanitize them and bottle.

I have 15 cases washed and ready to go all I do is rinse again and sanitize.

BOB

I'll jump on the same wagon with Peter, brewgrrrrl & fivebk

Sort of late on the post. My wife put me onto this. After washing, scalding,drip drying. I put bottles in oven at 200 deg. for about 15 min., then cool. Cut 2X2 pices of Glad Press'n Seal sealing wrap over the bottle and pull down on the wrap. This seales the bottle until you need them. That is what I do.
smiley4.gif

This is a stick up!

All of you give me all your washed bottles and no one gets hurt!
smiley15.gif

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha......

Cajun Wine Man said:
Sort of late on the post. My wife put me onto this. After washing, scalding,drip drying. I put bottles in oven at 200 deg. for about 15 min., then cool. Cut 2X2 pices of Glad Press'n Seal sealing wrap over the bottle and pull down on the wrap. This seales the bottle until you need them. That is what I do.
smiley4.gif

Man, I think you're over thinking/working the whole operation, JMO. Do what the other folks here do. Wash, sanitize and store upside down. On bottling day, sanitize and bottle.

PeterZ said:
I wash bottles whenever and store them upside down in wine boxes. On bottling day I sanitize them and bottle.

I do this too

Originally posted by PeterZ

I wash bottles whenever and store them upside down in wine boxes. On bottling day I sanitize them and bottle.DittoI have about 40 casescleaned and ready.

ibglowin said:
This is a stick up!

All of you give me all your washed bottles and no one gets hurt!
smiley15.gif

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha......

I have heard of a "wine thief" but never a "bottle thief." I am always learning on this forum.
smiley1.gif

And I never thought I would covet 40 cases of cleaned bottles! Its all I can do to get 30 cleaned and ready for my next bottling job.
smiley36.gif

admiral said:
I have heard of a "wine thief" but never a "bottle thief."  I am always learning on this forum.
smiley1.gif

runningwolf said:
Cajun Wine Man said:
smiley4.gif

Man, I think you're over thinking/working the whole operation, JMO. Do what the other folks here do. Wash, sanitize and store upside down. On bottling day, sanitize and bottle.

DITTO

ibglowin said:
And I never thought I would covet 40 cases of cleaned bottles! Its all I can do to get 30 cleaned and ready for my next bottling job.
smiley36.gif

admiral said:
I have heard of a "wine thief" but never a "bottle thief." I am always learning on this forum.
smiley1.gif

I know what you mean. (Note to self: Must clean some bottles today.)
smiley1.gif

I just spent an hour last night removing old labels and washing bottles. It amazes me the crazy glue some companies use to keep their labels on!!! A couple just floated off in the water and others I had to scrape with a razor blade and they still have a little tackiness to them. I can't wait until the only labels I'm removing are my own!!! :)

Melissa said:
"Wine is at the head of all medicines; where wine is lacking, drugs are necessary."

--- Babylonian Talmud: Baba Bathra

Now that's a great quote.

Latest posts

Back