Blueberry wine ferment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michjen

Reaction score
Been fermenting for 1 week checked the readings this morning this is what I got

image-2017696827.jpg

With 15% alcohol

Do I let it sit longer? Or strain and rack into carboy?

I would let it sit, stir every day and wait till sg get to the 1.015 range and rack into carboy and install airlock.

RR

What was your starting SG? How did you come up with you have 15% ABV?

RR is right in stirring it often and then racking at that mark.

You have along way to go, if you are at 15% already it will probably quit early and leave it very sweet.

image-1771250601.jpg

This was my reading yesterday:) it's working!! Going to do another test tomorrow see where it's at!

Well..... It stopped fermenting... Same reading for 3 days. 1.020 is where it's stopped. I strained it and put it in the secondary. Now my question is is there anything else I need to add? Or just let it rest?

Well.... Just racked the blueberry had a taste and it has a sparkle to it..... How do I get rid of the sparkle???

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Explain sparkle..post a pic.....I have no idea what you mean by sparkle...Unless its fizzing.

You should not have racked it, sounds like you might have a stuck fermentation. You really shouldn't take a reading three days in a row, take a reading wait a day or two and take another reading, wait a day or two and take another reading. If the hydrometer has not moved then you need to consider that you might have a stuck fermentation. If you have a sparkle to it, it has either started to re-ferment or you need to degas but I would try and get this down to around .996.

I am not as versed as julie are any of the moderators but my own experience tells me your still fermenting...
At the end of all my fermentations I see the same thing, just a sparkly fizz on the top...
When i have move this to a secondary vessel with air lock it will take about 10 days to stop...
It is so slow that the three days of reading a hydrometer does not work , it may take 4 are 5 to move the sg.
Not advising, no refrence, just saying.....I am no expert at all...only trying.

Did it move any more after it reached 1.020 in September? Please get us a current reading. Also in September did you add any K-meta (campden)?

On 09-15-2013 you posted a picture with what looks like sg of 1.005. On 09-22-2013 you say the sg was1.020 and had been that way for several days. You said you, “strained it and put it in the secondary.”

My question, did it continue to ferment in secondary or did it stay at 1.020? What is the sg right now. Did you add any chemicals? Explain the “fiz”

If it didn’t continue to ferment after racking, based on your starting sg, I would think the ABV would be a little over 8%.

RR

Latest posts

Back