blueberry started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el wino

Reaction score
O.K this is what I did.I used 20lbs of frozen blueberries,5 cans 15oz.of oregon fruit product,gallon of old orchard blueberry-currant juice.
also added 2oz.of heavy american toast oak chips in the primary.(6-gallonbatch).S.G was 1.091.......Now I want to ferment to dry.So I need a yeast recommendation.I'll be ready to pitch the yeast in the morning....
Heres a pic......
20070210_222209_blueberry_batch.jpg
20070210_222253_blueberry_batch.jpg

WOW!!!I can smell it from here...that's going to really have a nice Blueberry flavor...

Do try to use both Yeast Nutrient and Yeast Energizer...blueberries are tough to get started....

Keep us Posted....looks good already..

That's a lot of blueberrry product. Nice high sg for no sugar added for any fruit! It will be interesting following the progress of this one.

Thats either going to be the best blueberry wine in the world or overpowering in taste and I sure hope its the first!

I looked at the ingredient picture and my mouth started watering!
smiley9.gif
Mmmm mm mmm mm mmmmm....

Hey Gilbert your Blueberry wine looks sooooo good i can almost taste it,It has a very pretty color too.
Harry

Wow that looks real tasty el wino......keep us posted on
the results......we love pictures.

EC

Same thoughts here; with the juice, thats effectively over 6 lbs per gallon. (5 gal batch?) I would go real light on the tannin and acid additions until you test it. The can of frozen grape will also add sugar, tannin, and acid. This is going to be a daaarrrk wine. Keep us posted, we love pics!

O.K now..I decided to make a six gallon batch out of all these ingredients.Oh I did add sugar to the mix.Just didn't show it or mentioned up until now.Its coming along but,slow..but I do see carbontion visible when I stir it up.I hope its not overpowering..And yeah it is dark in color.I will take a S.G reading on saturday to see the progress the yeast is having.( Monstachet)...

The blueberry floating around are the oregon fruit cans.They were real mushie out of the can so Itried to mash them real good almost to a puree consitence although it doesn't look that way.I figure I'll just scoop them up with a spoon along with oak chips before I rack it.Whats a good S.G reading to rack into a glass carboy.

OGrav,I did receive your blueberry doc.Thank you again..O.h the acidity reading was at .52 percent.It fell along the reading for reds...What do you think...

Gilbert

Man I can smell them berrys here in Alvin, Looks good to me I usualy rack to a carboy when the SG get to about 1.020 or sometimes 1.010 .That sure has a nice color. You can sneak a lil taste when you rack it LOL
Harry

Oh,yeah my wife&daughter keep saying it smells like a winery in the house.I have other wines fermenting as well.blackberry,merlt,welches concord,and a strawberry........o.k Harry,I'll keep those S.G readings in mind.
20070214_000839_lauren_baking_c.jpg
20070214_000932_lauren_baking_c.jpg
20070214_001029_lauren_baking_c.jpg
20070214_001116_lauren_baking_c.jpg
here some pics

Back