Blueberry Pomegranate Frozen Concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonzo

Reaction score
ok i know i saw this recipe on here before but now cannot find it. i have 12 cans of this frozen concentrate and am ready to make 4 gallons. anyone know where this recipe is??

It was in the blog section but I cannot find the blog area anymore. As soon as I find it I'll post it for you.

Use 3 cans per gallon, sugar to bring sg to 1.080, acid should be approx .65%, 1 tsp nutrient per gallon and use lavlin 1122 yeast. Backsweetened to around 1.010

Last edited:
That isn't the one that I created but keep in mind that the concentrate is high in sugar. After we have made several batches we mutually agreed to add maybe 16 cans of concentrate I believe. Starting gravity can be around 1.070-1.080

Use enzyme, nutrient, sugar, yeast and minimal water. This smells fantastic when it ferments. etc.

i added 12 cans for 4 gallons. put in simple syrup now i got 1.086 sg. letting it set til tomorrow then i will add the yeast and get it started.

Also, when it becomes time to backsweeten, add a can or two of the frozen concentrate, not only will this sweeten but also enhance the flavor.

Steve:

I have a copy of the recipe we used from your blog. Turned out great.

Al

Blueberry Pomegranate Wine 5 Gallon

Starting Gravity 1.080 10%ABV
ph 3.11 Acid .62%
Check acid before adding tannin

15 cans Old Orchard Frozen Blueberry Pomegranate Juice
5 lbs. Inverted Sugar
Water to 6 Gallons
Add 2 ½ tsp. Pectic Enzyme
6 Teaspoons Yeast Nutrient
6 Teaspoons Acid Blend
1 Teaspoon Tannin
Stir and allow to rest 12 hours minimum.

Lalvin 71B-1122 preferred or Lalvin RC-212
via Hydrating
Ferment to dry.

Rack to 5 Gallon Carboy
Add 1/4 Teaspoon Potassium Metabisulfite
Appropriate Sparkolloid Mix
Allow to Clear 4-6 weeks

Rack to 5 Gallon Carboy
Pinch of Potassium Metabisulfite
Age minimum 6 months

2 1/2 Teaspoons Potassium Sorbate
Sweeten to taste with inverted sugar

Bottle after 1 week

Question......what would one ferment a one gallon batch in? A bucket until it reaches .9999 (or less) than transfer to a one gallon jug to finish?

I started some frozen concentrate yesterday, 2 different batches, 2 gallons each. I started them in a bucket and will rack to 1 gallon carboys.

Where do you find the blueberry pom frozen concentrate? I looked at various stores and can't find it frozen. I found some bottled - Target's Market Pantry brand and it was not easy to get started.

Question......what would one ferment a one gallon batch in? A bucket until it reaches .9999 (or less) than transfer to a one gallon jug to finish?

Yes, it is best if you can ferment in a bucket then rack to a carboy.

Where do you find the blueberry pom frozen concentrate? I looked at various stores and can't find it frozen. I found some bottled - Target's Market Pantry brand and it was not easy to get started.

It is made by Old Orchard, if you can't get it in frozen concentrate look in your juice asle but remember you will needto buy enough juice to make what ever gallon batch you are thinking of making without adding any water.

got min at Meijer. found 1 can in the frozen juice section and asked the stocker and they went back and got me a case.

Another question; is 100% juice the same as concentrate? I have some "Old Orchard 100% Juice", blueberry pomegranate frozen juice that I would like to try. The ingrids have a bunch of other types fruit in it. Is this juice a good canidate for wine?

Probably. You can take a specific gravity to be sure. Just look for potassium sorbate on the label, you don't want that.

If I recall my blue. pome. reading straight from the frozen can was 1.030 or 1.040

Plan on using 3 cans (frozen) per gallon for a real good taste.

MurphyTexas,
My local Walmart sells Old Orchard concentrates.

Thanks, but I looked and sadly no. Then I went to walmart online and cannot find it within the 50 mile radius store availability search.

Will post the reply if Old Orchard responds to my inquiry.

Latest posts

Back