Blizzard time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arne

Reaction score
We have had a wonderful fall around here. No bad storms, practically no rain which is desperately needed, warm temps. This morning the weather man said it was going to start snowing after lunch. Would dump 4 to 6 inches or more. That doesn't sound like much til you put the steady winds at 35 or so and gusting to 50. This country will be pretty well shut down for a few hours. The snow has started, told Kathy to get home. She should be showing up in the next 20 min. or so. Guess in another couple hours will have to open a bottle and snuggle up to the fire. Hope you are home safe, sposed to be sunny tomorrow, but will have to get the drifts open before we can go anywhere. Talk with you all later. Arne.

Supposed to get 7-9 down here Arne. Just starting to rain with the snow/ice behind it. Have fun playing in the snow.

Kathy got home fine. Last time I was out, once you got out of town there was approx. zero visibility. Supposed to quit overnight, but the wind is going to continue to blow. Anything to block the wind will make big piles. Bet I have to run the 4 wheeler a bunch tomorrow. Suprising how much snow that little thing will push. Oh, and we have had the power blink a couple of times. That adds insult to injury when we drop power in this weather. Should probably have tried the generator out. Will after we get rid of some of this white stuff. The gen. will run, just probably take a half day or so to get it running. Nuthin like procratination. LOL, Arne.

I just came out of a week of 45 below zero. I was thinking to day 20, below zero is warm in comparison, I guess its all perspective.

I work in Fairbanks Alaska.

Morning is here. Sky is clear, 15 degrees, wind still blowing 20 mi. per hr. Weatherman just said winds are 30. Bout time to get out the shovels and 4 wheeler. No sense in getting in too big a rush, the roads are impassable in spots and have to give the road crews time to clear them. Get stuck and plug the road more and you have unhappy county folks. Starting to get light out, time to get to work. Arne.

The news tonite says this thing has moved thru Des Moines and into Chicago. The projected map shows it moving towards New York. You folks batten down the hatches, stay warm and be safe. We had several fatalities here. Our roads have been ice covered, the crews have done a great job of getting the snow off, but the ice will have to melt. We are thinking about you folks where the storm is heading. Take care, Arne.

Snow is headed here! I guess it is time to leave for beautiful Southwest Florida! Enjoy everyone, I am out of here!

Latest posts

Back