Blending with Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I am making a RJS EP Pinot Noir for my son. While doing the clearing and degassing chores today I got to wondering what I could blend some with at bottling time to make a few unique bottles. This is almost always something I do with every kit and have come up with some awesome blends in the past, some not so awesome too! But I have never purchased a bottle of Pinot nor have I had any at restaurants. So I have no idea what might blend well. Right now I have the following in carboys or barrel, Tanant/Merlot, Super Tuscan (Cab, Merlot, Sangio), Red Mt. trio (Cab, Syrah, Merlot), and Amarone. Also have some Petit Verdot and Syrah available for blending.

If the answer is to leave the stuff alone I can do that too, it'll just be difficult.

Honestly Tony I can't think of a single varietal that is blended with Pinot Noir, its always just Pinot Noir. Maybe someone else will pop in with and idea but thats one heck of a wine all by itself!

Tony,
I did a search online and although I have never tasted a Pinot Noir blend, I found these blends:

Wine Searcher quoted:

Chardonnay – Pinot Noir,
Gamay – Pinot Noir.

Latest posts

Back