Quantcast

BlackBerry wine

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

silverbullet07

Reaction score
@Scooter68

Will I just leave this racking alone until 3 months out or if there is a inch or so of sediments before racking again to another carboy?

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
@Scooter68

Will I just leave this racking alone until 3 months out or if there is a inch or so of sediments before racking again to another carboy?
back a few years ago i spent 11 months in SICU & ICU , then it was another year before i got to where i could go home, during that 2 years my nephew kept my airlocks full, so i had all from scratch strawberry, blackberry and a apple/pear/crab apple,, all sitting on gross lees, not something to be recommended, but all three were still good,
Dawg

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
If you have an measureable amount of lees 1/8" or more in the next couple of weeks, I would rack it to a fresh carboy. Don't need to add more K-meta but rack it off the lees. Get the hard parts done now and then you can sit back and plot & plan more batches.

opus345

Reaction score
Love homewinery.com concentrates. I use 1 1/2 Gallon concentrae and 12 lbs of frozen blackberries. I may try Dawg's guidance of upping the concentrate on my next batch. I also spike my 6 gal batches with 2 750 ml Blackberry Brandy. Yum. My Blackberry hooch receives rave reviews.

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
Love homewinery.com concentrates. I use 1 1/2 Gallon concentrae and 12 lbs of frozen blackberries. I may try Dawg's guidance of upping the concentrate on my next batch. I also spike my 6 gal batches with 2 750 ml Blackberry Brandy. Yum. My Blackberry hooch receives rave reviews.
yep my trouble keeping it,, lol
Dawg

Latest posts