Blackberry port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any way of adding more body this late in the game? I know sweetening will add some, the f-pack added some, But if I need a little more.....
I know "angel share" in a barrel may help, But the barrel I will be using is brand new.

Once, I did notice more body with maybe just a little sweetness from it. I think tepe uses it, maybe pm him about it and tel him I sent you to him.

I have some of that Waldo. Some people say Blackberry is already high in tannins.... Do you think it would be OK on this?

I used glycerin on my apple wine .It was rather thin to me but after adding the glycerin it had a nice mouthfeel and kinda mellowed the wine out some .

BOB

Blackberry isnt that high n tannins. It might be higher then some fruits but thats just because lots of fruits dont offer much at all. It is a very good product and I have never added it to anything but a wine made from grapes so if you do go that route do small bench trials and maybe a mix of that and the glycerin would be the way to go.

OK.... so this is really wierd.

I added 200 ML of everclear to one of the gallon jugs. Almost immeadiatly some stuff floated to the top. I does not look like lee's. If I was to describe it I would say it looks like slush as if it were frozen (I know its not, that is just used to describe).

I sampled some... I did not like the taste. (compared to some without)

I thought I would get home today and see that this "slush" looking stuff gone, But its still there.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Not sure what is going on Goodfella but if it was mine I would give it a really good stirring and see if it will settle back out of suspension

only a crappy one. I didn't think it would get a decent photo. I stirred it around this morning. I think it got most of it down. I will see if it floats back up.

Really wierd.

Early tasting sample.... is very "tart". I assume it will mellow, and obviously sweetening will help balance.

Nope... Have not seen anymore of it. I wish I had a better camera to get a photo.... That was really strange.

Update....

I took one of the gallon jugs of my Blackberry Port and finished it off (sweetened and fortified).

It does not have much flavor. It is real "flabby" in the middle. I had added a pretty big f-pack. It is only 3 months old. Will it intensify much? or is there anyone that has advise? (this is my first Blackberry Port)

Latest posts

Back