blackberry fpack?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steviepointer

Reaction score
hi,
My googlefoo is failing me today.

I need to make a fpack for some blackberry wine. I have a 3 gal batch.

How many pounds of berries do I need for the fpack?

What is the procedure for making the fpack from berries? (I'm assuming boiling the berries down somehow, and then straining them?!?)

Thanks a bunch!

there is a thread at the start of this forum on how to make an f-pack and how much fruit you need.

1 pound and 1/2 will do fine.
I heat the berries in pot with water and small amount of sweeten. A little Pectic enzyme never hurts either. I heat to about 120 to 130. Cook it till it is about 1/2 volume . Stain out the solids and allow to cool before adding to wine. do this after stabilizing and before using clearing agent. I am sure others will chime in with additional info.

1 1/2# seams low depending on how many #'s you used. Follow the fpac info

Today I took out my 5 gal of blackberry that has been bulk aging to give it a dose of k meta and transfer to 1 gal jugs. This is the first of my wines that I have done an f-pak on and it is backsweetened to 1.015 tastes good and is smooth and very clear but there is about 3 inches or more of stuff hanging out on the bottom of the carboy.....is this because of the f-pak and normal, is there anything I can do to avoid this........waited long time for the wine, don't want to waste any. I was able to get 4 gals clear with no prob, poured the rest in my 5th gal jug and put in the fridge hopefully to settle.............:a1

Back