RJ Spagnols Black Friday sales for kits...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What have you guys seen so far.....I saw a place selling the RJS En Primeur for as low as $99.80 for the reds and a bit cheaper for the whites, plus shipping. Those are really attractive prices.

So, what are you seeing out there?

I just bought the Cellar Craft Showcase Argentine Malbec for $127, including shipping at finevinewines. They offer free shipping on your first order when you signup for their e-mails. CC Showcase is the only Argentine Malbec I could find in the top of the line series of a kit maker.

The RJS En Premier reds are around $140.

I'm holding out for cyber Monday hopefully they will have some blowouts that didn't sell black Friday weekend:D

I just bought the Cellar Craft Showcase Argentine Malbec for $127, including shipping at finevinewines. They offer free shipping on your first order when you signup for their e-mails. CC Showcase is the only Argentine Malbec I could find in the top of the line series of a kit maker.

The RJS En Premier reds are around $140.

They have some really nice deals on the Winery Series as well.

They have some really nice deals on the Winery Series as well.

What price is that?

EDIT: never mind, I just saw at FVW....
My LHBS has the WS cheaper at $125 with no "sale". So that price at finevinewines is not that great.

Last edited:
What price is that?

EDIT: never mind, I just saw at FVW....
My LHBS has the WS cheaper at $125 with no "sale". So that price at finevinewines is not that great.

I don't have a LHBS. So $130 without me having to leave the house is a pretty darned good deal, especially considering FVW's price is right in line with the unmentionable place in FL, minus the annoying packaging and lousy customer service.

I saw the Mosti Mondiali La Bodega port style for $94.99 at a place I buy from.

Calling tomorrow to make sure that is not a typo on the page.
To my knowledge those kits are around $125.00

Doug at Brew and Wine Supply (one of our Sponsors) has 10% off anything this weekend plus if you purchase on Saturday and pay with your AMEX card you will get a $10 credit from AMEX for Shop Small Saturday.
was about to buy 2 eclipse kits from i'm guessing a bad florida store when i saw this, came out about $10 cheaper for the same 2 eclipse kits.
trying the stags leap merlot and washington riesling.

So, what you guys think about this port style La Bodega, should I take the plunge, price is $94.99 at a HBS about 20 miles from me.

So, what you guys think about this port style La Bodega, should I take the plunge, price is $94.99 at a HBS about 20 miles from me.

If you do a search here, it is the most highly recommended port kit. My kit is coming soon, and I can't wait to make it.

If you do a search here, it is the most highly recommended port kit. My kit is coming soon, and I can't wait to make it.

BTW - I'd like to know what you think once you get yours, since I know you made the WE Raspberry Chocolate, so I can hear some comparisons between the 2.

My only problem is that my Raspberry Chocolate is bulk aging in my only 3gal carboy. I do not have any plans to get another 3gal carboy for a second port style wine.
So if I buy it this week I guess I will have to bottle this rasp chocolate soon to have room for the La Bodega...

I've made two separate batches of LaBodega kits. I think they're very strong even 6 months out. It's going to be very good wine once the KT from the fpac dissipates. For the next one I'll try not to add the whole fpac, or chaptalize and arrest fermentation at a little higher SG. Great kit, though.

My only problem is that my Raspberry Chocolate is bulk aging in my only 3gal carboy.

I'm in the same boat. I was planning to start it in late January. Pail, 5 gal carboy to finish fermenting, and then 3 gal carboy. By then, it will be mid Feb, and the Choc-Rasp will have be about 5 months old.

At that point, I will split the Choc-Rasp into 1 gal jugs.
1) As is (18% abv, 1.017 SG)
2) Fortify (80 proof brandy) to 20% abv
3) Sweeten to 1.025 SG, and fortify to 20% abv
4) Whatever is left (about 1/2 bottle) fortify to 20% with everclear

Back