Your Fav Pinot Noir Kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y’all, I don’t understand. P/N is supposed to be light, fruit-forward and low alcohol. Why add skins to make it heavy? I’m not criticizing anyone that adds skins. It’s your wine and you should make it the way you want. I would just like to understand your thoughts.
No skins w/RJS Cru kit :)

Y’all, I don’t understand. P/N is supposed to be light, fruit-forward and low alcohol. Why add skins to make it heavy? I’m not criticizing anyone that adds skins. It’s your wine and you should make it the way you want. I would just like to understand your thoughts.
Made the FW Forte Pinot which came with 2 skin packs and seeds. At the last racking at 10 months old it already smells and tastes like a Pinot should, delicious, not heavy at all. Looking forward to getting this one bottled.

Made the FW Forte Pinot which came with 2 skin packs and seeds. At the last racking at 10 months old it already smells and tastes like a Pinot should, delicious, not heavy at all. Looking forward to getting this one bottled.
I have that kit in extended maceration and very much looking forward to tasting it.

For those doing a Finer Wines Pinot Noir....

Hows it going so far?

0, 1 or 2 skin paks?

Gonna bulk age & how long?

What kind/type/config oak in bulk aging if any?
I have a FWK Forte with two skin packs in extended maceration currently. I will bulk age for 12 months. I am using the provided oak and chemicals and following the instructions except for the EM.

I have not tasted this one yet but have tasted my four other completed batches (Sauv Blanc, Sauv Blanc, Cab Sauv, and Super Tuscan), and found them to be better than other kits I've made and some are better than wine from fresh grapes and fresh juice I have made as the FWK is drinkable more quickly than say my Touriga Nacional or a Cabernet from grapes. Also they're better than my high-end kits like Mosti Mondiali Amarone because I'm not fighting kit taste.

I have done fresh white buckets in the past but from now on will only do the FWK whites. Same with roses.

I like that this is a well-engineered product and process with reliable results; and for less cost than the fresh or frozen grapes. Plus I don't need as much equipment to do these.

For those doing a Finer Wines Pinot Noir....

Hows it going so far?

0, 1 or 2 skin paks?

Gonna bulk age & how long?

What kind/type/config oak in bulk aging if any?
I’m not normally a Pinot drinker, but did did a FWK Pinot with Dble grape pack last year. Bulk aged for 6 months then bottled. I like it and one of my Pinot drinking friends also said it’s very comparable to commercial ones he drinks. Also entered in fair this year and won its class 2nd from left in this picture 8BB6D0AA-9385-40A9-B363-6AD61D114BCF.jpeg

Latest posts

Back