Birthday present advise

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eternum

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a dear friend who started making wines about a year ago or so. He is having big birthday anniversary soon. I personally do not make wines, but hope to find some advise here as to what would be a good present related to his new hobby (something in the ballpark of US$100-150)? He lives in apartment, so gifts like huge oak barrels are out of question :)

I would appreciate any ideas and kicks in the right direction. If more specific info is needed, I can try to ask my friend questions hopefully without rising his suspicion.

Thank you.

Without knowing what he already has this may be a shot in the dark, but this would be my list:

A floor corker
A nice pH meter
All-in-one pump (but slightly above your price limit)
A gift certificate to my local wine making supply store, or one of the online ones.
Wine rack

I would agree with Thig, a gift certificate to his local home brew shop would be perfect! I know i would appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides what everyone else has suggested, but him a wine kit.

Ask one of his buddies - what type of wine he likes making and what things he is in need of ? Or what he dislikes about a certain process that you might make it more enjoyable for him to make ?

My guess is he doesn't have the wine pump. I can tell you that is the best present I ever got! Even if I did gift it to myself. :) It's kind of a luxury item, but sure does make life easier for the home wine maker.

(Steve, maybe if you PM her for the guys name, you can check to see if you have sold him an all-in-one wine pump.)

All in one wine pump or more Carboys

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Go in with another friend and get an all in one wine pump. Being in an apartment, space is an issue. Maybe a wall unit to hold all the bottled wine?

birthday-present-advise-

Hi,
I am with richmke,:br
except with a slightly devious twist.

See if you can get about three of you to pitch in to get your friend the All in one plus the whole house filter set up.

You put all the little bits and pieces that he will need(ask steve) in one big box. That will confuse him.Then you put the whole house filter in the next smaller box and last but not least, you put the all in one in the smallest box. I have done stuff like that before and depending on how devious you are or creative, there are many variations. He will be thrilled!!!!
Just make sure that you add a slightly sincere or very thoughtful note inside the all in one.,Lastly, somewhere on the all in one, sign your names and date it so he will always remember (this is an old woodworker idea)
Steve could find out if he has already bought one and is a very nice guy.
I am saving up my pennies to get both but will not wait for someone to surprise me.

since you said between 100-150 bucks, between three of you, it is doable for the extra money to get everything.
And don't forget to register him on this forum if he is not already a member and send him our regards:
PS: a nice picture of all three of you will look good in his corner of the apartment. What can I say, I am the sentimental type.
Just an idea.
Sincerely,
Corinth

Last edited:
I ended up buying and presenting All In One Wine Pump to my friend. I hope that will help him to double production output with higher quality :)

Thank you everyone for suggestions and recommendations.

Latest posts

Back