Birdhouse gourd

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swillologist

Reaction score
I have very limited experience with birdhouse gourds. About the same experience levelthat I am with wine making.
smiley36.gif
I have only grownbirdhouse gourdone other time. They normally put on so many you just about have a life time supply. We have two grandsons nowand I thought it would be fun to make some new homes for birds with them. From past experience with them, most of them look like this.

100_1181.jpg

A couple of days ago I was looking at the patch and I found this.

100_1180.jpg

It looks like an albino gourd. There is at least one more. Although it has more of a green tinge to it. I can't get into the patch any deeper to see if there are more. I won't have to paint these white if they stay this color.

The nice thing about gourds is they are so prolific and give such a variety of colors and shapes! Looks great to me! I like the caveman club type ones! You get a lot of comments on them- normally something like somebody holding up the biggest one they can find and saying "Mine is bigger than yours!"
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back