BIG DOG

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
This is a real photo...not that fake one that goes around in Emails....

My girlfriend stopped over with her BIG dog...'Tug'....He has been on a diet...was 280#, down to 273#.....

Tug2Small.jpg

How big is your dog?????Edited by: Northern Winos

Good lord!!! Thats not a dog!!! Cant be!!! Must be some kind of a lion or sumpthin!!!
smiley3.gif

Pete

Good thing he's gentle and likes to ride in the car....She does have to hoist him up a bit and throwing a cookie in the car gets his attention and he'll want in.........

Reminds me of when I was a kid. We were going for a Sunday ride in the family station wagon - Mom, Dad and 5 kids. We approached another wagon, and we all stared in disbelief. There in the back end of it stood a little miniature Pony! It was about the size of that dog! By the way, what breed is it? Looks like a Newfoundland, but the colors are more like a St. Bernard.

280, good lord!!!!!!!!! Mines only 115 now. I think hed only be an appetizer for Tug.

20070430_191301_Thor.jpg

115# is a good sized big dog, big enough for any household.....Tug is exceptional...believe me...no one wants a dog that big...He takes up the whole house when he lays down. Almost all her dogs are Rescue Dogs....Tug's previous owners were heading for divorce because of him...so he went to a good home....a happy ending.

She had anotherMastif that wasn't this big...when he got old and was having problems getting up she couldn't handle him and would have to call the neighbors...it was terrible.

This one went upstairs a few times and she couldn't get him down on her own....I gave her some tips on leading stubborn horses and she was able to bring him down the stairs....

Moral of the story...only get dogs you can physically move when they get old.

It would have to be a 'kitty' like that....she has 10 dogs over there....1 Mastiff, 1 Boxer, 1 Airedale Terrier, 1 Scottish Terrier, 2 West Highland Terriers, 2 Carin Terriers, 2 Jack Russel Terriers.....She had 8 Parrots too, but down a few of those....and often she is Fostering a dog or two....It's a zoo over there...she had 5 bears in her yard the other night [1 sow and 4 cubs]!!!! So...a 'Kitty' like that would make it complete....

Did I mention last week, I saw one of these in the apple trees? After the last snowstorm, it had blown over a big clump of poplar trees into the edge of the orchard. I was looking down towards there when I noticed a really big cat so I got the binoculars. It was one of these things, but I refrain from mentioning the name of it so I don't get mocked again. About 5 years ago one of these was spotted locally. I took pictures of its tracks in the snow. I even used a rifle as reference for size. The walking cat was taking stides the length of a rifle. It's tracks measured about 4 inches across and it was definitely a cat track, not bear. I offered the pictures to the local paper, but they didn't even want to look at them. The pictures dissapeared from the house a couple days later. Then the paper ran an article dicounting all the sightings locally and even mentioned me by name and implied I was "crazy". Our state has adoped a policy of deniability of reintroducing wildlife until they can no longer contain sightings.

But i digress......Edited by: appleman

The authorities shouldn't do that.

It seems people don't believe until they see them for themselves.

Our neighbor said his pigs had scratches on their sides from a Bob Cat....we saw it one night by his house...it stood in the road and made us stop for it.

I had heard a cat cry on two occasions...my husband said I was watching too much Wild Kingdom...then when we saw that Cat he believed me.

Here is a shot from a Critter Cam at our friends in California...there were 2 cubs in another shot....

PictureSmall-2.jpg

You got to see them before you believe.

Northern,

I'm near tears now. The best dog I ever had was Gwenivere, a Great Pyreneese. She was too small for the breed spec at 32" at the shoulder, and 110 lbs. We were inseperable for 12 years, taking walks every night. When her degenerative nerve disease became too bad I finally had to say goodbye with her in my lap. As the Vet gave her the shot she looked at me, and the look in her eyes said Thank You, and I'll see you at the Rainbow Gate. I hope so.

My wife and I had a Minature Schnauzer that we got right after we got married. The dog (Chivas Regal was her name!) went with us from Oklahoma City to Fairbanks, Alaska to Vancouver, Washington to Dallas, Texas. Great dog and I got to be the one to take to the Vet. I will never forget her look when I said good-bye. I think they do know what is happening at that time.

Buck has blue eyes??? Or just one blue eye??? Wade's dog also has those piercing blue eyes...nice!!!!

Latest posts

Back