Better Bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased a "6" gallon better bottle to age some Noir. Thats what the box said at least. When I got home and opened the box to see "5 gal" on the bottom of it. Did Better Bottle make an error in packaging or can it "hold" 6 gal with little head space? Dont want to waste gas exchanging it if that's what it will really hold. I dont want to put water in it to test the volume, resulting in less likely-hood of a return. LHBS is good though, but I dont like bringing back dirty things if I can avoid it.

Thanks!!
:D

I have both a 5 and a 6 gallon BB but I can't look at the bottom just now as they are full of wine. It could just be a case of the product in the wrong box. I would call whomever you bought it from and let them know of the situation. I doubt it is a case of a 6 gallon being labeled as a 5 gallon as they are blow molded and there would be two separate dies for them.

If you have a gallon jug I would go ahead and test it with water. Let your LHBS know what you did if it is actually only 5 gallons but you didn't want to bother him other wise and you needed to know. Set it in a corner upside down to drain out. I don't think they would be upset. It's their mistake and you didn't get what you paid for.

I purchased a "6" gallon better bottle to age some Noir. Thats what the box said at least. When I got home and opened the box to see "5 gal" on the bottom of it. Did Better Bottle make an error in packaging or can it "hold" 6 gal with little head space? Dont want to waste gas exchanging it if that's what it will really hold. I dont want to put water in it to test the volume, resulting in less likely-hood of a return. LHBS is good though, but I dont like bringing back dirty things if I can avoid it.

Thanks!!
:D

I would take it back, if it says "5 gal" on it then it is 5 gal.

Latest posts

Back