Other Best cabernet kit??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlfifer

Reaction score
Who makes the best cab kit.

Kits so far
PAKLAB:

Merlot with merlot grape pack - AMORE DIVINO
Cabernet with cabernet grape pack - AMORE DIVINO
Tuscan Rosso with merlot grape pack - AMORE DIVINO
Montepulciano with shiraz grape pack - AMORE DIVINO
Merlot - VINO ITALIANO
Merlot - ANTICA VENDEMMIA

RJ SPAGNOLS:

Super Tuscan w/grape pack - RJ Spagnols Winery Series

WINEXPERT:

Pinot Noir - Ultra Premium Selection Estate Series Sonoma Valley
Old Vines Zinfandel - Selection Estate
California Trinity Red - World Vineyard
Cabernet Sauvignon - Vintners Reserve
California Zinfandel /Shiraz - World Vineyard
Zinfandel/Cabernet - Vintner's Reserve
Vieux Chateau du Roi - Selection Original
California Pinot Noir - World Vineyard

I totally agree with Mike. The Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon is the best I've ever made in my 15 years of home winemaking. Have won two medals for this wine, but doubt I will win any more - because I am keeping it all to myself from here on out!

SERIOUSLY you guys think this is better than the RJS Super Tuscan?!....thats a pretty high bar but if you say so, I think Ill have to get this kit and investigate. :HB

A Super Tuscan is a blend of Cab, Merlot and Sangiovese normally. The OP asked which Cab kit was best. I bet the RJS Super Tuscan is fantastic as well on its own merit. I have not made too many kits more than once but the Red Mountain Cab is that good that I made a second one only ~18mo after the first one was made. I don't know how long we will be able to get juice from the Red Mountain AVA. Its very small in size and demand outstrips supply each year. Cabernet fruit from just down the road in Walla Walla fetches ~$1000 a ton. Cabernet fruit from Red Mountain goes for $2000 and up.

I don't make too many kits anymore these days but I would make one from the Red Mountain AVA any day!

Well if IB says its good, I gotta try it, on my list for next order, now the question is do I get two just incase the apocalypse is this year, I mean I have to have something to live for. :gb

I totally agree with Mike. The Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon is the best I've ever made in my 15 years of home winemaking. Have won two medals for this wine, but doubt I will win any more - because I am keeping it all to myself from here on out!
Help, can't find a supplier for this kit. They are all sold out. Any suggestions?

And(eat your heart out) My cousin grows Cab in Walla Walla. AND ONIONS

Check to see if anyone has a Red Mountain Trio limited release on the shelf. It contains the red mountain cab.

Help, can't find a supplier for this kit. They are all sold out. Any suggestions?

Yes - try one of these:

grapestompers.com (Laurel Springs, NC)
Tuscarora Mtn Winery (Chambersburg, PA)
myLHBS (Falls Church, VA)
High Gravity Brew (Tulsa, OK)

Back