Belated Intro

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcalli1

Reaction score
I've actually posted a couple times already, so I guess it's time to introduce myself. I'm from Illinois, on the other side of the river from St. Louis. I've just recently begun making my own wine, so I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge for that matter. I've made two kits wines (sauvignon blanc and gewurztraminer) and currently have a vidal blanc, traminette (from vineyard juice) and two norton wines (from grapes) aging in carboys in the basement. So far, I've found working with grapes and making my own decisions is far more rewarding than working with kits. So I'm in the market for good sources of grapes either in IL or in MO, but not too far from the St. Louis area. I may try a mead and apple cider at some point, but I'm not particularly interested in fruit or sweet wines. I've also gotten interested in making liquors (like limoncello and arancello) and will likely soon attempt cheese making.

Thanks. I think I saw him on other posts and noticed that he was south of St Louis.

Hi smcalli1,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. And I 2nd what Rodo says!

Back