Beer infection?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelu Liber

Reaction score
I tried a Baron no boil kit, The Canadian Draught. I have racked it from the primary to the secondary and everything seemed ok. It has been 2 weeks in the Carboy now. It still looks dark, like dark iced tea and there are still bubbles coming up and every so often a small piece of sediment is carried to the top with a bubble and then when it reaches the top and the bubble pops, drops back down to the bottom. There is not much happening in the airlock.

Do I have a bacteria in my beer? How long can I let it "work its way out?" or will it? Or am I just being too picky?
smiley11.gif

I ussually make wine but I have heard beer doesn't take as long.

Go to the next step in the directions. It is right on schedule. It will finish clearing in the bottle, unlike wine. When you pour a bottle, just leave a bit in the bottom and that will contain anything that is left in it. You are almost done. You are almost ready to prime and bottle, wait a couple weeks and enjoy.

Sweet! It smells really good but I wasn't sure!

I have priming "candies", one for each bottle.

Is there any harm in waiting until this weekend to bottle?

I used to pour my beer through a 40 micron bag before bottling, keeps most of the trub out, I found no ill effects on the brew.

They are called carbonation drops and look just like candy.

</span>Product Description:</span>

Cooper's Carbonation Drops: 27% glucose and 73% dextrose in each tablet. One drop will carbonate one 12 ounce bottle. 60 drops.</span>

Latest posts

Back