been busy verry busy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn field

Reaction score
in the last two weeks I have picked 5 gallons of elderberry flowers. Have a bumper crop this year. I then dried all of them on a dehydrater and vaccum sealed them in 2 oz. packets. Like to use them as a secondary ingrediant in some of my fruit wines. Also like to make a elderberry flower wine by its self. Started a dried hibiscus wine today. Beautifulred coler. maby I can catch up on the forum now.

cornfield.
That is alot of flowers!!! Maybe you can sell or tradethemwith us!!!??

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Or maybe post your drying techniques/steps on here for others to learn from. Like ME !!
smiley4.gif

Ramona I trade a lot of them to a LHBS for suplies , share some with friends who don't have any in their location. I will put your name on the list for next year because the blooms are way past their prime here.

Waldo I use a fruit screen on my dehydrater and set the temp at 150 takes about 6-8 hours just depends on the humity. Iwash the flowers then spin them dry in a salid spinner. spread them out on the screen and go for it. some times it takes less time for them to dry just depends on the amdient temp. I leave the flowers on the stims till they are dry then seporate. a lot easier that way

I pick early in the morning while the blooms are most fragrent.Edited by: corn field

Latest posts

Back