Basic, basic questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrewsbury

Reaction score
when it came to naming your "property" how did you go about it?

I thought that would be the easy part, but I can't seem to find a name I like, and the few I kind of like, my wife does not.

My long term goals will be to have a small orchard and vineyard, maybe 100 trees and 600 vines. I will also grow various produce, most of which will be for personal consumption.

Our last name is Shrewsbury.

So I have come up with lil shrew, shrewsbury, Double J, J&J, JCS, Sunset (we have a very nice sunset view), Windy (very windy here with the 100+ acre fields surrounding us) for the first part but the second part is even trickier.

so would I use "Vineyard", "Orchards", "Farm", Estate", or what?

just curious on what others have done and used.

As always, I appreciate your time and input.

Thanks

Jay

The name you come up with will be as unique as you are. I took the initials of my wife and myself and came up with CJ Mason Wines. The sky is the limit.

Since you say you might eventually have an Orchard on your hands. I might go with Shrewsbury Orchard and Vineyard. If you think you may eventually want to sell your wine, you may want to do a trademark search.

My wife and I toyed around with names for a while, ended up with Chateau Johmel, for John and Melanie. You could throw "chateau" into your words to consider along with orchard, vineyard, etc.

how do you refer to your "property" during normal conversation? the name is in there.
for example our winery was made by building a pole barn. Our conversation always referred to it as the wine barn. when we named the commercial winery it became the Wine Barn Vineyard and Winery. Had a barn as the logo also.

Back