WineXpert Barolo Orginal Selection Series

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawk

Reaction score
Has any body made this kit before? And if so how did it turn out? I just started it last night and a little curious about the turn out.

Edited by: jhawk

It was the first kit I made. It turned out great. I bottled it last Feb. and only have one bottle left. I've made 9 kits so far and my 2 favorites are the selection original Barolo and selection original Pinot Noir. I am definitely going to make another batch ofthe Barolo. As soon as I can free up the funds.

Thanks Slingshot
Kinda funny I had a hard time to start my first red wine kit it was either Barolo or the Pinot Noir selectionorginal to choose from. And looks of it either one couldn't go wrong with. How long did you wait until you pop the cork on the first one? And is there a big differnce in taste from the first bottle since the last?

Sorry for the late reply. The Barolo was my first kit so I drank 1 bottle the day I bottled it
smiley36.gif
. That was last Feb. and I only have the 1 bottle left. The taste really changed over time. It wasn't that good at three months but has gotten better with every month that passed. The last bottle I drank in late November was very smooth more fruit taste. I'm hoping to be a little more patient with the Pinot.

Back