Other Fav Rose kit(s)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
I've made one Rose so far - an MV Zinfandel Rose. Made it Dry using D47 and it turned out excellent.

As I plan ahead to 2023...I'm curious how much the grape varietal makes a difference in a Rose and what peeps fav Rose Kit and varietal is?

Cheers!

I have two FWK rose kits going now, both are Zinfandels. When I asked Matteo, he said of their rose kits that the Grenache is the better. So that would be my suggestion even though I haven't tasted it.

I have two FWK rose kits going now, both are Zinfandels. When I asked Matteo, he said of their rose kits that the Grenache is the better. So that would be my suggestion even though I haven't tasted it.
Are u using the carbon 4 the FWK kits?

I’m doing the FWK Rose now. I’m not a Rose expert. I did use the carbon and it is still pretty dark after a couple of rackings. It is still young/harsh tasting, but I tasted vs the Rose I topped it off with and it tasted similar. I’m hoping is smooths out little with some more time. If it doesn’t I may backsweeten a little bit.

I’m doing the FWK Rose now. I’m not a Rose expert. I did use the carbon and it is still pretty dark after a couple of rackings. It is still young/harsh tasting, but I tasted vs the Rose I topped it off with and it tasted similar. I’m hoping is smooths out little with some more time. If it doesn’t I may backsweeten a little bit.
Did you add the clearing agents? Once I did that, the two white batches dropped all the carbon. I racked out of primary after the two weeks, checked that the wine was dry, added all the chemicals, the carbon dropped, then I racked at bottling. The whites were brilliant so you'll need to do those steps and wait, not rack any more.

Latest posts

Back