Mosti Mondiale Barolo 23 liter test

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryl

Reaction score
Hi all, With the Amerone test in the bottle, I have started the Barolo test!!! I will do it the same as the Amarone, I will follow the instructions, and do all at the same time.
20090905_135348_006.JPG

Here are alll three kits...
20090905_135505_007.JPG

Alljuice on the left, Masters Edition in the middle and Meg on the right... all mixed and the yeast is pitched. 90 grams of oak in the Alljuice, 60 grams in the Masters and 180 grams in the Meg!!! Raisins in the Masters and Meg, but not in the Alljuice!!!!
And now the test is off...

Goodfella said:
OMG.... Can I come over to your house in two years please?
Come on over!!!! I also have a Meg Rojo Grande that has been in the bottle for a month... and a RJ Okanayan Valley Red Meritage and Winery Super Tuscan that I will bottle in a month....

Wow, you are wasting no time in getting started again! Can't wait to hear how both turn out.

I forgot to add that I am starting the All Juice Amerone tonight, so I will be especially interested in what you have to say about that, come next year, as I too hope to be able to keep my hands off for at least a year.

Money is mo object with you huh! Going to kave quite the cellar full soon.

Darryl,
Could you tell any difference in the 3 Barolo juices? Viscosity, smell, color? Same yeast in all 3? Any thoughts on the differences in oak amounts? 60, 90 and 180 g is a significant range of oak for the same type of wine, IMHO. I racked my Alljuice Barolo and added the 90 g of oak a couple days ago, and wondered if I should add some more.

Bart

BartReeder said:
Darryl,
Could you tell any difference in the 3 Barolo juices? Viscosity, smell, color? Same yeast in all 3? Any thoughts on the differences in oak amounts? 60, 90 and 180 g is a significant range of oak for the same type of wine, IMHO. I racked my Alljuice Barolo and added the 90 g of oak a couple days ago, and wondered if I should add some more.

Bart
HI Bart, All 3 looked same... all smelled great... All used Lalvin EC-1118... On the oak!!!! In the Amarone test it was the same way...3 diffrent amonts of oak... the only diffrence this time is the Alljuice did not have the raisins, where in the Amarone it did!!!

On 9-13-2009(Sunday) I racked and added the oak... All look and smell great!!!! Till next time,

HI all!!! Sorry I have not been keeping yall up on the Barolos... I had to go and spend a little time in Houston at MD Anderson... On Nov. 9th they went in and took out the upper half of my left lung( had a five inch tumor), but all is well... tumor was benign, and after a little recovery time I will be good as new!!!! OK now lets get down to the nuts and bolts... On Sep. 27th I racked all three off of the lees and oak... All looked and smelled great!!! I plan on bulking them for 6 months and then putting them into the bottle... I will pop one Next Thanksgiving!!!!

I hope all have a wonderful holiday season!!!!! I know my family and I will!!!!

Glad to here you are all right and I'll happily wait until next year for the tastings.
VC

Sorry to hear that you have been "under the weather." Glad to hear that the tumor was benign. I am enjoying your side by side comparisons. Keep on keeping on.
smiley1.gif

Congrats!

Glad to hear your doing well. You will only have good days and great days from now on to boot.

Keep us posted on things.

HI All... We started this project in Sep. Now after resting for 6 months I put all 3 in the bottle(Sunday the 28th)... Here are a few photos...
20100401_161452_019.JPG

left to right All juice... Masters Edition... Meglioli
20100401_161702_020.JPG

20100401_161752_021.JPG

20100401_161835_022.JPG

20100401_161922_023.JPG

Now we wait till Nov. 9, 2010... and we will pop one and give them a try!!!!
Till then,
Keep up the good work...

Wow a busy and productive day. I am really looking forward to your impressions on these wines.

VC... I had alittle left over from each batch!!!! I mixed it together and came up with 2 bottles of Mosti Barolo blend!!!! I also, had half a glass of that left... Not bad... very young, but I belive they will be very good. That is what this test is for... Is it worth the money to go big!!!!! We will see

Back