Banana Wine: Use Frozen Bananas?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfmiller

Reaction score
Interested in making a banana wine, not only because I've heard it's good, but for the simple reason of cost and ease. I eat a lot of bananas, but often don't get to all of the bunch before they decline. I freeze a lot for banana bread and banana cake (in their peels--the peels turn black but they bananas inside are just fine), but some still go to waste.

Can I use these for wine? This would inspire me to sock more away if so.

Yes you can, actually it is better to freeze your fruit before making wine with it because freezing it helps in breaking it down which will extract more juice. Let me know who this comes out. I never made banana .

If I keep agreeing with Julie I may be in trouble, [with my WIFE] But I keep Banana's in the freezer & add to many wines to add body. My B S Peach is Banana, Strawberry, Peach! The banana's add body & I think help feed the yeast. Roy

If I keep agreeing with Julie I may be in trouble, [with my WIFE] But I keep Banana's in the freezer & add to many wines to add body. My B S Peach is Banana, Strawberry, Peach! The banana's add body & I think help feed the yeast. Roy

Well you know what they say about great mines :try

Why thank you, it was nice making my 4000th post about us have great mines!

Oh forgot, just don't tell the wife she will never know that you agree with another woman :)

Thanks folks, and especially Julie, who always seems to be around to answer my questions!

lol, cf, for some reason i just happen to come on when you ask a question

Why thank you, it was nice making my 4000th post about us have great mines!

Oh forgot, just don't tell the wife she will never know that you agree with another woman :)

What kind of mine is it your talking about Julie like a land mine or like a gold mine???

What kind of mine is it your talking about Julie like a land mine or like a gold mine???

Why gold minie, Eddie. And if you keep sticking up for Mike, I might start thinking land mine :)

well us guys gotta do something to help each other out at times

FTC, From your post, you put the bananas in the primary. I've done it after racking a couple of times. How much banana do you use. I get a little taste of banana sometime when I don't want it, Maybe in the primary that won't happen. How many do you use and do you use real ripe ones like me.

I use 1 lg. ripe banana [not overly ripe cut into slices & dumped in the primary], 2 lbs. strawberries to 8 lbs. of peaches to make my B.S.Peach Wine this is a 2 gal. batch. I used to use 6 lbs. but I kicked it up to 8 later this summer, trying to increase the peach flavor without using an F-pac. I rarely use more than 1 per 2 gals. i do put all the fruit in a fine straining bag & squeeze it 1-2 a day in primary. hope that helps, Roy FightingTown Creek Wines

Latest posts

Back