Backyard Vineyard - Year two

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For bloom time sampling, take the petiole closest to the cluster. At veraison, take the petiole of the last fully expanded leaf. Collect only one petiole per shoot. Each sample should consist of 100 petioles so the lab has sufficient material to test. Wrap the samples in a dry paper towel (NOT PLASTIC) .

For bloom time sampling, take the petiole closest to the cluster. At veraison, take the petiole of the last fully expanded leaf. Collect only one petiole per shoot. Each sample should consist of 100 petioles so the lab has sufficient material to test. Wrap the samples in a dry paper towel (NOT PLASTIC) .

Thanks, but if I just wanted to sample the chlorotic plants I’d have to strip all their leaves!

Since I pulled off all the clusters of fruit I wonder if it would still be appropriate to sample now.

Progress! I just got in from stretching the wire on three of the trellises. I would have gotten two more done but the thunder was getting closer and my wife thought it was a bad idea to string wire during a lightning storm 🤷🏻‍♂️
IMG_2603.jpeg
This was my first time working with high tensile fence… that crimping tool is quite the workout. I think I can skip “arm day” this week 🤣🤣

Back