Backsweetening Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User196221

Junior
Reaction score
somewhere I read that when back sweetening 4 oz. by weight of sugar will raise the SG by .010 per gallon. Is this correct?? Also was wondering what the SG should be for semi sweet wine and at what point SG does it become sweet wine? Thanks to all who post to this site......I have learn ton's in the six months I have been reading it.
:a1

After fermentation and degassing and clearing, you backsweeten, or can you backsweeten before clearing(fining agent).. another question is after you backsweeten, do you have to bottle right away ? or can you backsweeten and airloc it back up and age more ?

After fermentation and degassing and clearing, you backsweeten, or can you backsweeten before clearing(fining agent).. another question is after you backsweeten, do you have to bottle right away ? or can you backsweeten and airloc it back up and age more ?

Once fermentation if complete you can stabilize and backsweeten, I rarely use a fining agent but if you do then you can use if after you backsweeten. At this point you can bulk age for as long as you want.

Once fermentation if complete you can stabilize and backsweeten, I rarely use a fining agent but if you do then you can use if after you backsweeten. At this point you can bulk age for as long as you want.
K. thanks alot

Latest posts

Back