Backsweeten

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_D

Junior
Reaction score
Just started this "obsession" a few months back. I've done few kits that were simple to do. I just recently started a Welch's juice contrentate(6 gal). What is the best way to backsweeten after stabilizing. I have a few more cans of the juice concentrate and was thinking of using those to backsweeten to taste if that will work.

Any suggestions?

Using concentrate can work very nice, just make sure your acid levels don't get too high if the juice is "acidy". Don't forget to use both Kmeta and sorbate before sweetening.

You can do what Lon said butt adding simple syrup will work. (2parts sugar to 1 part water)

Add a can of concentrate or take a bottle of juice and boil it down to 1/3 the original quantity

I know this thread is older, but I ave a question that is probably obvious, But could you backsweeten with a different flavor can of concentrate to add more flavors, and if yes, then what flavors would go well with a welch's concord wine.? I am thinking about adding one cranberry and one grape, or would two cranberries not make it too tarty..

Last edited:
I know this thread is older, but I ave a question that is probably obvious, But could you backsweeten with a different flavor can of concentrate to add more flavors, and if yes, then what flavors would go well with a welch's concord wine.? I am thinking about adding one cranberry and one grape, or would two cranberries not make it too tarty..

cranberry for sure, i make a welch's concord/cranberry that comes out very well, use two cranberries. cherry is another one that goes well with concord

cranberry for sure, i make a welch's concord/cranberry that comes out very well, use two cranberries. cherry is another one that goes well with concord
I looked at Kroger's today, picked up some Concord, White grape peach, Strawberry, but i didn't see any cherry or crannberry, i think i need to hit up Wally world. ;0)

Latest posts

Back