apple juice recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj4271

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up some apple juice at Kroger's on sale & was going to make a 3 gal batch.I just wanted to confirm that, using the wine from apple juice recipe on this site, I could multiply all ingredients but yeast. It seems 4.5 tsp acid blend is a bit much; but you're the experts.

TksEdited by: bj4271

I used apple juice very sucessfully.
When you are done you might want to back sweeten it a bit. It ferments very dry.

As far as acid blend goes in apple wine, I've seen it all over the
charts. As much as 2 1/4 tsp. per gallon to 1/2 tsp. per gallon. My
advice to you is add it in slowly after checvking with acid test kit.

On another board that I look at there is alot of people making German Apfelwine. Its the most simple thing I have ever heard of and have 3 gals going now.

Applejuice
Cornsugar
Yeast.

For a 5 gallon batch they are using 5 gals of apple juice, 2 cups cornsugar, and 1 packet of dre montechet yeast.

The post is the longest I have ever seen, and it seems whoever is making it, is loving it. I like some have used Nottinghams dry yeast.

Basicly it just calls for leaving it in the primary for 4 weeks and its done. It should be clear by then. I am trying it and I will see how it goes.

No water or anything else. No pectic enzyme at all or acid blend. I would imagine you should at least use pectic enzyme.

Nope Wade the recipe calls for nothing else except apple juice corn sugar and yeast. No water, pectic enzyme, acid blend, nothing. I was skeptical until I saw over 59 pages and over 500 posts all pertaining to this Aplfelwine. It seems like its not really wine, but not really cider, and someplace in between. It has an ABV of 8-9, and has gotten rave reviews from all that has done it. Like I said I have some well under way, so in a few weeks I will let you know how it is. I only did 3 gallons like I said, I would of done only 1 but I didnt have anything to make 1 in. Thos that have made it, are making more though, I will tell you that.

Please do let us know how this is and how it clears without pectic enzyme.

JohnnyK68 said:
On another board that I look at there is alot of people making German Apfelwine. Its the most simple thing I have ever heard of and have 3 gals going now.

Applejuice
Cornsugar
Yeast.

For a 5 gallon batch they are using 5 gals of apple juice, 2 cups cornsugar, and 1 packet of dre montechet yeast.

The post is the longest I have ever seen, and it seems whoever is making it, is loving it. I like some have used Nottinghams dry yeast.

Basicly it just calls for leaving it in the primary for 4 weeks and its done. It should be clear by then. I am trying it and I will see how it goes.

????????????

Latest posts

Back