Anyone Try Neotech Corks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavesWine

Reaction score
Anyone every try, or use, Neotech corks? Labelpeelers has a sale going on and they have stock of these from an overrun from a local winery. The price is good and I'm tempted to try them but never heard of them before.

Anyone every try, or use, Neotech corks? Labelpeelers has a sale going on and they have stock of these from an overrun from a local winery. The price is good and I'm tempted to try them but never heard of them before.
L/P told me they are 1st quality corks the owner got from a winery going out of business. If you want any you better act quick. I got 20 bags of 30 and they had 38 bags remaining.

L/P told me they are 1st quality corks the owner got from a winery going out of business. If you want any you better act quick. I got 20 bags of 30 and they had 38 bags remaining.
I prefer 9x1.75 corks. These are 1.5. Does Label Peelers indicate how long you can store wine with this 1.5” version?

I prefer 9x1.75 corks. These are 1.5. Does Label Peelers indicate how long you can store wine with this 1.5” version?
I would imagine L/P wouldn’t take on that liability.

I would imagine L/P wouldn’t take on that liability.
My understanding is that the typical run of the mill 9 x1.5 cork will give you a good three years. I’m wondering if the Neotech cork’s material would offer more than three years. Anyone?

I use only #9's. Not all bottles have the same interior diameter, and a #9 is good for all I've used. I've tried #8's many moons ago, and had a few bottles that didn't seal well.
I’ve used #8 on Island Mist, but I don’t age them. They are usually gone by the end of summer.

Back