Anybody use wild yeast method??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello my favorite wine people!!! I am back!!! What a horrible winter here!!! On the bright side it's just about time to start my first batch of red from grapes!!!!! Update on my other wine. Well it's crap!!!! It's still kinda bubbly and takes strong as anything!!! I left it alone and it seemed to improve a little but not drinkable. I am going to rack it today or Tom add the meta and top it off with some commercial merlot. And just leave it alone. But I super excited for my first crush!!!!!!!! How's everybody?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I've been wondering about that wine!!! Well, it's no surprise that it's not that great.

April is Chilean juice bucket time. You could get a bucket or two and have a leg up on your production.

I am actually going to do about 200lbs of grapes!!!!! Hoping to get a 15 gallon demijon worth. And I will be using yeast and meta. The minimal but def going to use it. I ordered the book you had recommended too. I am hoping to make better wine then my friends!!! Lol.

Hey--great!! I'll be very interested to see how you do. How was the book? Did it help you?

My book will be here on Friday. I have been reading the online one from more wine website u recommend also. Still very intimidating but I am ready!!!!! And a little crazy so it should work. Lol lol. I am just trying now to prepare and buy wisely. I don't want to start and be short on supplies. So just researching everything I can.

That's a good way to go about it!! What kind of grapes are you going to use and where are you getting them this time of the year---Chile?

Yes I am going to so a cab sav and merlot blend. And yes I am doing Chilean!!!!!

Back