Another take on the angels' share that does not come from evaporation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people don't know that Plutonium is actually a naturally occurring element and nuclear reactors are natural and organic. Or at least the Oklo Reactor is http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor

Uranium 235 is what's normally found in nuclear bombs but if you start with say plutonium 239 and add some tritium (hydrogen 3) and lithium 6 the temperatures will be so hot and with the added neutrons from the h3 you can get uranium 238 to fission. Of course at that stage it wouldn't really be uranium 238.

But time did not exist prior to the big bang. Since matter can only exist within the reality of time, matter could not have existed prior to the big bang.

haha
And you know this how?

Pretty sure none of us were around to validate or disprove this. We don't what things were like at the beginning as we weren't here and everyone always tries to put today's logic, time constraints, science, etc. into action and you don't know that that is relevant.

But time did not exist prior to the big bang. Since matter can only exist within the reality of time, matter could not have existed prior to the big bang.

Time is relative. The faster you're moving or the closer you are to an object with a large mass, the slower time FOR YOU will be. If you orbited a black hole time will pass more slowly for you than someone who's a light year away.

We just don't know.

We have a very good idea of what the universe was like 10^-11 seconds after the Bang. We have some pretty good ideas and solid speculation for what happened back to 10^-29 seconds after the Bang. And we have fairly good ideas and decent speculation going back to 10^-37 seconds. Beyond that, we just don't know. There are a number of competing ideas.

Its amazing all the knowledge on this board...and we still can't figure out where the wine is going. :)

Time is relative. The faster you're moving or the closer you are to an object with a large mass, the slower time FOR YOU will be. If you orbited a black hole time will pass more slowly for you than someone who's a light year away.

The two schools of thought have been that time itself is either a physical manifestation or an unreal element of our brain's own perception of the world around us.

Recently, it has all but been proven that time actually does exist and is not just simply a product of our brains. Since time is real, time itself must have had a beginning (infinity does not exist). That beginning occurred at the point of the big bang.

Sure time is relative and, like other physical aspects of our reality, can be manipulated. Not just motion, but also gravity. If you were to cross the event horizon, for example, time infinitely slows down to the point where the observer will see you simply stop and never move.

Yes, this is off topic, but I think we addressed the OP fully.

Guys simple physics,

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Thanks,

Steve

Ok, now going back to wine talking and the OP....lol

Temp change definitely is the cause. I put 5 carboys in my garage which is cold in the 30s and all lost wine, or at least compressed the volume as each one is like 2 inches below the top now.

haha
And you know this how?

Pretty sure none of us were around to validate or disprove this. We don't what things were like at the beginning as we weren't here and everyone always tries to put today's logic, time constraints, science, etc. into action and you don't know that that is relevant.

Takes more than this to "lose" me - sorry...
There was something on WNYC an hour or so ago about time and the big bang and the idea that was being offered by Roger Penrose (the fellow who co-wrote an important paper with Hawking on the existence of black holes ) was that the way we measure time today is utterly dependent on the mass of matter and at the moment of the big bang mass as we understand mass did not exist so time as we understand it did not exist and that says Penrose might suggest that the big bang may have taken place in a universe that was already infinite... I have now exhausted my knowledge of quantum physics... back to the sociology of the everyday...

Last edited:

I'm not sure matter is restricted to time as we know it in this universe. Regardless that doesn't mean there was nothing. And the concept of "prior to the Big Bang" doesn't make sense because it is inherently temporal.

Latest posts

Back