ANOTHER RASPBERRY/APPLE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Have an empty carboy and the primaries are free to be used.....did some inventory and looks like another Raspberry/Apple wine needed on the racks....my honey really likes that wine....actually he likes most all of them....This is a nice sipping/social wine...light and fruity.

Being as it's a grey/gloomy/drizzly day seemed a good day to juice up some raspberries and free up some freezer space...

raspSmall.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~RASPBERRY/APPLE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16# frozen Raspberries...[yeild 2+ gallons juice]
6 12oz cans frozen apple juice [any brand]
5 Campden Tablets
3 tsp. Acid Blend
3 tsp. Liquid Tannin
6 1/2# Sugar

Water to 5 gallons and S.G. about 1.085

Tomorrow:
3 tsp Pectic Enzyme
3 tsp.Yeast Energizer
5 tsp Yeast Nutrient
Lalvin EC 1118 Yeast

Have made this wine several times and try to keep some on the racks....

Yea, sandlewood, pachouli, or cedar sage!!!! My incense choices.

If you could make a candle with the fruits and fragrances of our wines they would be a winner.

I have smelled Muscadine Wine Candles and they are fantastic!!!Edited by: rgecaprock

WOW!!!
smiley3.gif
This was a fast ferment....Pitched the yeast on the evening of Oct. 8th [S.G. 1.084]....Here it is on the morning of Oct. 13th [S.G. .996]...

appleraspSmall.jpg

Think it will be a nice Rosé color....The fall bearing raspberries are not as brilliant red as the summer producing berries.......It tastes good already.

Looks good NW and judging by the foam that 1 produced it was definitely going to be fast.

24 hours after racking and it is starting to settle out already...

rsSmall.jpg

Think this one is going to be fizzy for awhile...lots of fizzy bubbles coming up the sides of th carboy.

Racked the wine this morning...It seemed pretty clear....

I put some Super Kleer K-C and within 2 hours had this much sediment...

skkcSmall.jpg

Amazing product.
smiley32.gif

This wine fermented fast, cleared fast and was stable....so got it bottled and on it's way to the wine cellar......

arSmall.jpg

This is one of our favorite wines.... it's a pleasant social wine....lovely flavors and color.

Yes...a few of my recipes turn out the same every time...Just put all the stuff in the bucket...add the same amount of sugar and the S.G. is usually right on the money.

Have a few wines that have become staples in the wine cellar...and we still like them.

Can you make this in a 6 gallon carboy or do you have to use a 5. I figure the oxygen would destroy it with the extra airspace. Does anybody have a six gallon recipe for this wine? it looks and sounds amazing! I have two 6 gallons two three gallons and two one gallons, but no fives...

You can make a fruit wine any size you want...no rules here.

Just have enough fruit juices to play with it ...taste and test.

Use what ever juices you have on hand....Old Orchard makes a Raspberry/Apple frozen concentrate that you could play with,or.... use apple juice andadd frozen raspberries in a pulp bag....so many possiblities.....

Have fun and give us a follow-up on your batch.

arSmall.jpg
Edited by: Northern Winos

Latest posts

Back