Anniversary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaudet

Reaction score
I just looked back at my first recipe and realized that it is the 1 year anniversary of my induction into this obsession. Officially started my first batch 1 year ago today. I made blackberry wine. This year I have already started another batch of it. Now that I have a nice stash of other wines I can let this one age properly. Unlike the first 30 bottles of which only 5 remain, I hope I can have the patience, patience, patience. Looking forward to drinking it in 2010.

Well.. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Have you figured how much you made and how much you drank this past year?

Actually yes. I made 46 gallons of wine. No throwbacks. All were scratch fruit wines. So lets say I did 230 bottles last year. I have about 124 left. I gave a lot away to friends, enticed two good friends into making their own, I swapped wine for venison and homemade sausage, and I made a bunch of good friends & contacts here. So its been a great freshman year for me as I see it. I've gotten 35 gallons going this year already. I need to get cracking on labeling.

It would be hard to guess how many bottles I & my wife personally drank. But to say about 100 given/consumed would be about right.

Well there's your 2 bottles a week #.

The best part is swapping your wine for something like FOOD ! LOL
smiley36.gif

Happy, Happy...
You have done a great job this year.
More fun for next year.

Busy plotting the next wines. I am finishing off the blackberries in the freezer now. About to go can them......

I've done carlos muscadines, and Waldo and I are doing that muscadine port. I'm using carlos and hes using I think noble. I hope to go get some more grapes this year from the same source I did last year. I will be needing some more grapes while waiting for my vines to produce.

I remember gaudet. I was just wanting more pictures of them! I guess that didn't work, so.....

Hey gaudet, please post some updated pics of the muskydine wine!?

As per your request Appleman...............

Here is the entire cast of characters

Gangsallherecopy.jpg

Carlos Muscadine Port

CarlosPortcopy.jpg

Carlos Muscadine Regular with American Oak House Toast

Carloscopy.jpg

Strawberry Wine (my first attempt)

Strawberrycopy.jpg

And the latest.... Wild Blackberry

Blackberrycopy.jpg

My mouth is watering .....
smiley4.gif